Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing NANO system, retune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Removing NANO system, retune?

I had the car retuned when i put the nano system on my car for 100 shot. Now that its been so hot(90+ everyday) i cant even open consider spraying because with the heat outside and nano system on the pressure is over 1100psi more around 1200+ sometimes. When it was retuned for the nano the fuel jetting remained the same(wet kit) so how would this affect my tune? I dont spray at the track and the most id do is go through a gear or two right now(not hugely benefiting from the nano at this point since it mainly helps with pressure loss). I can open my bottle now anytime and the pressure will be above 900psi with the nano turned off. Whats your guys opinion?

This car is my DD and throwing ice or ice packs on the bottle everyday when is get in the car is not an option. Also keeping the bottle in the house everyday isnt an option and throwing it in the car its just a PITA.

So again, would I need a retune even though we never had to up the jetting when we retuned with the NANO system?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

no one???
Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
... When it was retuned for the nano the fuel jetting remained the same(wet kit) ...
I think you answered your own question about the jetting.

And I would say that you have to find some way to cool the bottle down to less than 95F, since the N2O will want to become a gas above 97F/1050psi. I saw that NANO was offering ice packs to cool down your bottle, maybe you could get one of those and keep it in the freezer until you need it.

Last edited by KFZ)^; 07-21-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: quoted
Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KFZ)^
I think you answered your own question about the jetting.

And I would say that you have to find some way to cool the bottle down to less than 95F, since the N2O will want to become a gas above 97F/1050psi. I saw that NANO was offering ice packs to cool down your bottle, maybe you could get one of those and keep it in the freezer until you need it.
Im not a tuning guru so im not sure if anythign else in the tune would have been changed besides the jetting.

Ice packs daily are a pain in the ***, good for the track but not good for a daily driver at all.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

just purge the bottle for a few sec before you spray, that will drop your bottle pressure. I also tune my bottle at the bottle for 1100, you can lose up to 200 though the lineby the time it gets to the jets
Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fotoboy
just purge the bottle for a few sec before you spray, that will drop your bottle pressure. I also tune my bottle at the bottle for 1100, you can lose up to 200 though the lineby the time it gets to the jets
Tried it trust me, its a really fast way to lose nitrous too since your purging all nitrous with the nano hooked up. At this point ive had more trouble with it during the heat then ive had actual benefits so im gonna take it off till fall and winter.

thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were me, I would have an empty bottle most of the time until I knew I was going to be using it. I understand you probably want to always have it ready for when you need to open a can on someone on the street, but I wouldn't want to mess with uninstalling and reinstalling the nano system that often.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
If it were me, I would have an empty bottle most of the time until I knew I was going to be using it. I understand you probably want to always have it ready for when you need to open a can on someone on the street, but I wouldn't want to mess with uninstalling and reinstalling the nano system that often.
im not really understanding what your saying........ if i take the nano off itll be off untill november and itll stay on from then until may then come back off. the nano system takes all of 10 seconds to remove it from the car its just one braided line running to the gauge port on the actual nitrous bottle(no wiring or extra hookups)
Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh understood, I was under the impression that it was more complicated than that. I digress from my prior opinion.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

Let me know if you would like to try or have on hand some cooling bags just in case. I can send you out some just so you have them.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
Let me know if you would like to try or have on hand some cooling bags just in case. I can send you out some just so you have them.
Thanks I appreciate the offer, im thinking about buying some of the new ones you offer. Its just not gonna help daily though. I loved the system when it wasnt so freakin hot lol.