Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

direct port on standard manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default direct port on standard manifold

hi there iam after some help i wont to setup a direct port nitrouse kit on my standard ls6 intake manifold where is the best place to drill and tap for the foggers in the manifold and what is the best fogger for the job any help would be a huge help and if anyone has any pictures they would be much appreciated

cheers
Old 07-25-2010, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically you want the nozzles to be spraying directly at the intake valve. Make sure they are all the same distance up in the runner and make sure that they are all installed at the same depth. Don't just count the threads either. Make some sort of gauge to check how much of the nozzle is protruding into the intake runner.

HSW and Nitro Dave have alot of good pics on their sites.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheers for that yeah just no one knows anything here in australia or new zealand. so tryin my hardest to sus it out first as this is my first nitrous venture haha. i will also be usin the lingenfelter lnc-2 for the timing etc.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a local vendor in Australia that we really like. Hes a good guy that can help. I will pm you his number sir.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodlsx
hi there iam after some help i wont to setup a direct port nitrouse kit on my standard ls6 intake manifold where is the best place to drill and tap for the foggers in the manifold and what is the best fogger for the job any help would be a huge help and if anyone has any pictures they would be much appreciated

cheers
We plumb alot of intakes. It has been a while since we updated our photo gallery but there are enough LSX style intakes on what is currently posted to see what will work best for you.
Click Link.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/installs/index.asp

With the LS6 intake the idea spot is to the left of the fuel injector bung. You have to keep in mind the pitch of the nozzle needs to be high enough to clear the coil brackets but low enough to clear the fuel rails.

We could easily plumb an intake and ship it to you. We do this all the time. We also have two dealers there in Australia that we could refer you to.

If you want us to plumb one for you, you can either send us your intake or we can provide one for you to save you the shiping of sending yours in. We can plumb it and flow it.

We have alot of different styles and options and can custom build to your exact needs and wants.

Dave

Quick Reply: direct port on standard manifold