Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry setup help. Stock C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dry setup help. Stock C5

I have a stock 2000 corvette coupe. Automatic with 2.73 rear. ONly mods are bullets and a zip tie intake mod. I just picked up a 2nd hand NOS kit from a guy here local for dirt cheap.

The kit came with the 10# bottle, the feed line, wiring, etc. Just need to see some detailed install steps on a stock LS1. Also what else do I need?

The guy said it was jetted for 100 shot. What plugs should I use? Also, I have sstock pump and injectors, I dont plan on using the bottle but a few times a month, should this be ok?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I dont know exactly what "kit" this is. It is a NOS brand and he had it on a mustang, but said it was universal at the had it on a buddys camaro at some time as well.

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2010, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Install steps of what exactly? the Nozzle should be mounted somewhere in Front of the MAF sensor. This can be inside the Air Lid or in the intake tube between filter and MAF. Does this "kit" include a Wide Throttle Micro Switch?? if not then you need one or an electronic TPS switch. Both of these allow for the nitrous to Only spray when the pedal is floored (engine at WOT). The microswitch needs to mount behind the throttle cable linkage on the throttle body, so that the linkage presses the switch down when the linkage is at WOT. The feed lines are usually ran thru the passenger firewall, into the passenger side of the cabin, and then on to the where the bottle is mounted. that about covers the install for the parts you have. Being that your kit has been passed around, i would look into maybe buying a New Nitrous solenoid to be on the safe side. Gonna suck if that one sticks open and you blow your motor. As for plugs, since you will be spraying pretty regularly, i'd recommend NGK BR6EF plugs. they are One step cooler running plug and are NON-projected tip plugs (ideal for nitrous)

Optional but Needed equipment IMO:
TPS WOT switch
Window Switch (activates nitrous and turns off nitrous at preset rpms)
Safety Shutoff (Fuel Pressure Safety Switch or Lean Air Fuel cutoff)
Timing Retard Device (YOU NEED TO RETARD TIMING WHEN SPRAYING. 1 degree per 50 hp shot)
Bottle Warmer/heater (safety and optimum performance)
Pressure Gauge (safety and optimum perf as well)
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Thank for the info!
Heres a link to corvette forum post I made. i added some pics in it. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...tall-help.html