Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

single plane nitrous question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single plane nitrous question

so im running a low compression 408 and untill i get my budget i wanna run a nasty shot of nitrous like 300 probably 250 around there. but i want to have it a plate style since i have a victor jr on it. i kno jet sizes are diff between carbed motors and ls1's but would a plate that sprays 250 with carb jets spray a 250 on the jets i would need??
Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 PM
9 Second Club

I would call Dave or chris @NitrousOutlet and they can get you set up. Or HSW both are good companys. That is your best bet. On a plate style I would not do more then 200 there are guys doing 250 to a 300 shot but you have to be on your game on the tunning.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure I understand your question... You can run a plate on a Vic Jr - I ran on my 408. If you are running it with high pressure fuel (off the rail), you will need different jets than the carb jets on the fuel side... If you run a low pressure stand alone fuel system, you can run the carb jets and use the recommended jetting/pressures from the plate manufacturer to start off with. Is that what your are looking for?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Short answer is yes. But you still need to verify jetting, and watch plugs for any distribution variances.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

im pretty good at tunning. i have a cam only stock ls1 with a 175 i tuned its quite a bit rich but i wanted it that way to be on the safe side. ill jump on there websites and see what they got.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just work your way up with the jet... Your biggest concern is going to be distribution. If plugs start to burn unevenly, take a step back or put a DP on the car.

Watch how much timing and fuel each cyl is getting (how happy it is) with the plugs and you'll be good to go. I doubt you'll be getting to your goal shot size before you run into distribution problems, unfortunately.

EDIT: Just saw your previous post... Rich IS NOT safe...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We do what you are wanting to do all the time. There are quite a few options to choose from.

We can use a carb style plate and jet it accordingly for the fuel pressure you are using.

Or we can plumb a custom spray bar in the intake that is flow matched to the intake. With the spray bar you will not have to worry about cowl clearence.

This is what it looks like.

I just finished my personal intake and I have a directport for one stage and spray bars for the other. I also made a custom solenoid bracket for the solenoids to sit on for the spray bars.

This is a crappy cell phone pic but you get the idea.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

that direct port is badass. but im just looking for somone 1 stage and and direct port without a fuel cell worries me a little due to the fact your fuel jet is beyond tiny. and the smallest thing and clog it. ima check out your website and find what im looking for. taht internal bar is sweet but ima guess thats a pretty penny and if i did do it i would want to make it so my noids bolt on like inches from the bar. lmk what you got for that and ill look at plate setups
Old 08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

We can do a bar setup and mount the noids as close as possible without a problem. The bar setup alone ( Meaning you didn't get a kit with it ) is only $300 and that includes parts/ labor -( Doesn't include jetting )-.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

I am selling a dual plate setup from Nitrous Outlet, its hard lined, everything mounted on a bracket and looks bad ***. Its a few months old and has about 20 passes on everything. PM if intrested.

Quick Reply: single plane nitrous question