Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any progressive controller that will work by different gears and by rpm???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologies in advance for posting on this old thread, but just need a bit of clarification and help. Read below and let me know if my interpretations are incorrect.

I downloaded the software for this into my PDA and the activation delay appears to be "and / or" time and RPM based. It's simply a matter of adjusting the numbers for which priority is most important. Meaning you can set the time delay to override the RPM or visa versa for each gear.

In the trans page it has a few parameters for set-up that lead me to believe it ASSUMES you start in a specified gear for your run, then looks for either the TPS to trip a gear change (five speed) or a designated RPM drop (Automatics). Maybe if your the power shifting five speed type, you could fake it using RPM drops from an automatic. That would be awfully brutal on a clutch though.

There's a few things I need cleared up, but I'm hoping the info that comes with the actual unit will tell me. The ign retard per gear is in %. With an MSD DIS I don't think applies. The hz parameter is undefined in any documentation I've read as well. That must be the PWM rate for the solenoids.

Suggestions on place of purchase? I've checked a few, and Summit appears to have the best price so far @ $589.95

Thanks
bo-tie

Quick Reply: Any progressive controller that will work by different gears and by rpm???