Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoid grounds

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solenoid grounds

Searched through a lot of threads and couldn't find an answer. Does anyone ground their solenoids to one of the empty bolt holes on the heads? I wired my latest setup like this and got to wondering about the heat from the head affecting it's ability to ground. I know that the factory grounds to the heads, that's where I got the idea from; just wondering if anyone else does this with success. Now a quick question on wire gauges. On the ground mine is joined into one short 14 gauge wire and ran to the head. The power wire to the solenoids join to one 14 gauge wire and runs to the back of the engine along the firewall and follows the fender well up to the relay which is by the fuse box in the engine bay. Is this sufficient for the solenoids or do I need to upgrade to 12 gauge wire? I have wire if I need to replace it. The system fires; but I've not had the time to track test it. Solenoids are NOS Super Pro Shot nitrous and NOS Cheater fuel and NOS purge. Relay harness is from Nitrous Outlet. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by RZRSEDGE; 09-12-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Ive grounded all of my nitrous systems to the heads. as for the wire to run power i've always upgraded to 12gauge due to my relays being mounted in the spare tire compartment under my bottle bracket in my camaro
Old 09-13-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good, thanks! I think the next time I have a chance I'll upgrade the wiring. Won't cost anything except a little time.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM
9 Second Club

I would do a 10 gauge or a 12. If its a wet kit ground both noids to the same ground that way the kit works or it doesnt if the ground is bad.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks! Will do.