Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to spray, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John. I started looking for info on there at first but I have not posted my problem over there yet.

I moved the grounds a few times and nothing worked.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Nice lookin set up!

Throw the FPSS in the trash IMO.
The fuel pressure will sometimes dip when the nitrous comes on and turn the kit off, then the pressure comes back up and the kit comes back on, pressure drop kit off, pressure back up kit back on ... rinse repeat.

They are ok for stock cars with 100 shot I guess.
Thanks, everyone on the bullet says the fpss are junk. It was keeping it from coming on at first until we turned it down. If it seems to give me any trouble I will just hook the two poles together.
My buddy convinced me to put it on there for safety.

It was actually doing the on/off thing you are talking about. But I think we had the poles hooked together when it was doing that. I think it is the ignition doing it though. When we shut the motor down, it would open the noids like it should. Start the motor back up and it didn't work propperly. Most of the time it will not even come on.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

I will get some current pics of the set up. Those pics are from the install back in the spring.

The controller is off the car and in a bag now lol. I don't feel good about spraying much more than about 150 shot with out it. Hell I think 150 shot may put this car up in the air pretty good at 2830 lbs race weight.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRracing
I will get some current pics of the set up. Those pics are from the install back in the spring.

The controller is off the car and in a bag now lol. I don't feel good about spraying much more than about 150 shot with out it. Hell I think 150 shot may put this car up in the air pretty good at 2830 lbs race weight.
I dont think you will need to use the controller with a 150 shot. I sprayed a 250 of the brake in my s10 at a race weight of 2950 with me in it. I had the bars set at 6" off the ground and it would barely touch them. It was more of touch and go. Most of the guys standing cars up have really big shots. Like 300 or more at the hit. I agree with the above statements about the fpss. Throw it away. If it disengages, then engages it unload then load the chassis, break the tires loose, suprise you and possibly put the car in the wall. Get rid of it.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

I have the fpss bypassed right now. The wires are on the same pole.

I am starting with a .057 nitrous jet and working on the arf and timing first. Then I will step it up from there slowly. Once it starts to be crazy off the hit I will know were my limits are.

I don't think it will need a controller for the 150 shot but I was hoping to spray 250 by the time it's all over this year. And time is running out..
Old 09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

I took the car out to ORP last night and it was running like ****. It was back firing at 7k rpm's. This is na. The car had a ignition problem before but has been ok lately. It seems the problem is back. Just from moving some wires around when taking the n2o controller.

It runs hard out of the hole then right at 7k it back fires then keeps going and then will back fire again if I stay on it. The afr was 12.5:1 it high gear. I have taken it to 10.5:1 and it is still there. So it is not a fuel problem.

I am going to have the box moved and re wired to see if this will fix it. If not I will try a set of coils off of my camaro to see if that helps.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

On a good note, ORP was hooking last night. I cut a 1.37 60' na.