Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The safest nitrous setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The safest nitrous setup?

I'm looking to install a nitrous kit in my car, and was hoping to get some answers to some basic questions. First off, the car in question is a MB C63 AMG. Reason I'm asking here is I stumbled across this site and there seems to be a lot more knowledge on the subject, as there are only a handful of people I am aware of running nitrous on the V8 6.3 AMG motor.

So, what I am interested in doing is running a modest 50 shot in a wet setup, maybe bumping up to a 75 shot. To keep things simple and more reliable, I would also run a standalone fuel cell with race gas like the one from Nitrous Express. I would also run a fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, and a progressive controller wired to a Wideband O2 sensor to detect too lean/rich settings.

As far as components go, would this cover everything available in terms of safety precautions?

If the progressive controller is set to engage nitrous above 3k-3.5k rpms, would this eliminate the possibility of pooling? If not, how else can pooling occur?

With the NX Maximizer 3 controller, is it possible to set it up so the nitrous only engages in certain gears? For example, I wouldn't want it to activate in 1st or 2nd due to traction, but from 3rd gear on up.

Basically what I would like to do is have a setup that is idiot proof, with the driver simply having to flip an activation switch in the cockpit that opens the bottle, turns on the heater and standalone fuel cell, and is good to go. I appreciate any feedback or advice you can provide! Thanks.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Check the stickies at the top of the nitrous section many of the basics and equipment needed are covered there.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nrgy
I'm looking to install a nitrous kit in my car, and was hoping to get some answers to some basic questions. First off, the car in question is a MB C63 AMG. Reason I'm asking here is I stumbled across this site and there seems to be a lot more knowledge on the subject, as there are only a handful of people I am aware of running nitrous on the V8 6.3 AMG motor.

So, what I am interested in doing is running a modest 50 shot in a wet setup, maybe bumping up to a 75 shot. To keep things simple and more reliable, I would also run a standalone fuel cell with race gas like the one from Nitrous Express. I would also run a fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, and a progressive controller wired to a Wideband O2 sensor to detect too lean/rich settings.

As far as components go, would this cover everything available in terms of safety precautions?

If the progressive controller is set to engage nitrous above 3k-3.5k rpms, would this eliminate the possibility of pooling? If not, how else can pooling occur?

With the NX Maximizer 3 controller, is it possible to set it up so the nitrous only engages in certain gears? For example, I wouldn't want it to activate in 1st or 2nd due to traction, but from 3rd gear on up.

Basically what I would like to do is have a setup that is idiot proof, with the driver simply having to flip an activation switch in the cockpit that opens the bottle, turns on the heater and standalone fuel cell, and is good to go. I appreciate any feedback or advice you can provide! Thanks.
You can be safe using any quality products as long as you take it slow and do things correctly.

NX parts will get you half the way there. A proper install and working with me or one of the other techs on your tuneup will finish up a safe and reliable nitrous setup.

A SAFE tank is a great way to stay safe and avoid costly upgrades to your fuel system on the Mercedes. Fuel pressure safety switch, wideband, and a window switch would be a good start.

Our Max III will do a gear lockout. But it will not do more than one gear. But using the time ramp makes it easy to control the nitrous and get as much traction as possible.

Im happy to go over the entire setup for you. Pm me your number or give me a call at the shop sir.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a great deal more to it than just throwing parts at it. I have helped a great deal of customers with similiar set ups as yours safely set up the correct system for the job.

You came to the right site to find the right help..

What do you currently have done to the car?

What are you doing for timing?

Do you already know what spark plugs you will need to swap to?

Feel free to give me a call as well. Ill make sure you are on the right track.

Dave- 1-866-648-7637
Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

I would be cautious when putting nitrous on your MB. If it has a warranty still, It wont after you install the nitrous. I used to work for Mercedes Benz dealership and we were very meticulous when it came to checking for things that would void the warranty. I am not trying to discourage you from doing it. Just wanted you to know that it is risky. The transmission in your 63 is not as strong as one would think.

Quick Reply: The safest nitrous setup?