Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice for 2 bottles w/ heaters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for 2 bottles w/ heaters?

Last year i ran 2 10lb bottles with a 6an "Y" fitting right by the valves but only used 1 bottle wrap style heater used with a pressure switch and relay etc.
It worked good but what i discovered is that even though i ran with both bottles completely open it would only empty the one that had the heater on it. so this year i've got a 2nd wrap style heater but i want to use it with the same pressure switch so they come on at the same time etc.

My question is, can i use the same pressure switch and will i have to add a 2nd relay? I'm not sure if the relay will handle that much draw from both heaters?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Village idiot's opinion:
Can't you run a higher amp relay then splice the power/ground to the heater blankets? A pressure switch shouldn't have any problems connecting. Its just a switch.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts

I run two heaters off one pressure switch, I used two relays and have no problems. I think with just 1 relay you will probably be at the max amp load of it.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ksths2
Last year i ran 2 10lb bottles with a 6an "Y" fitting right by the valves but only used 1 bottle wrap style heater used with a pressure switch and relay etc.
It worked good but what i discovered is that even though i ran with both bottles completely open it would only empty the one that had the heater on it. so this year i've got a 2nd wrap style heater but i want to use it with the same pressure switch so they come on at the same time etc.

My question is, can i use the same pressure switch and will i have to add a 2nd relay? I'm not sure if the relay will handle that much draw from both heaters?

Thanks!
Use 2 relays. My only concern would be is where your pressure switch is mounted...you'll want to make sure its in a location where both or either bottle(s) cannot be over-pressurized.

nick
Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by minytrker
I run two heaters off one pressure switch, I used two relays and have no problems. I think with just 1 relay you will probably be at the max amp load of it.
Correct with just one you'll be over the amp load of the relay. Using 2 of them will be in your best interest Ksths2.

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Use 2 relays. My only concern would be is where your pressure switch is mounted...you'll want to make sure its in a location where both or either bottle(s) cannot be over-pressurized.

nick
Couldn't agree more here.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

yep that is what i was hoping to do (2 relays)

My pressure switch is mounted immediately after the "Y" fitting in the main feed line, basically 1' max away from both valves. (i don't see any way to get it closer since i have to run dual blow down tubes as well)

Thanks a bunch guys!