Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW kit - Need Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSW kit - Need Diagrams

So I bought a 78mm sudden impact wet kit off a guy locally for a pretty good deal (I think so anyways). Everything is here that I need, just having trouble with the wiring. Everything is straight forward as far as the solenoids, FPSS, arming switch, WOT switch. What I'm having trouble with, is finding wiring diagrams for my BMN Window Switch (as HSW diagrams show a MSD window switch), purge, and bottle heater.

The bottle heater just has a plug coming from the blanket. The purge I haven't figured out yet. I've got 3 seperate relays. 2 are exactly the same. Here's some pics to help...

Basic picture of my plumbing

My purge

1 of 3 relays, and my window switch

Here's the picture of my relays. From what I understand, the one on the left is for my bottle heater. The other 2 seem to be exactly the same.

------

Here's the problem I've run into. The guy I bought it from likes to text alot, and due to his circumstances at work, cannot talk over the phone He told me the relay on the left is for the bottle heater. One relay is for the purge, and the last relay is for the rest of the system. But why would the relay on the left ONLY be for the bottle heater, as it has a few different wires coming off, along with the plug that connects TO THE bottle heater? I don't see hot it was mounted under the hood, and ran all the way to the back

I just need 3 different wiring diagrams. One for the purge. One for the bottle heater. And one to show me the window switch and how it wires into the rest of the system. I've contacted HSW, and have yet to get a response. I've been working on this since Saturday night, and it's my first nitrous kit I've ever had (not to mention my first job I've ever had to wire up electrical stuff on a car). Somebody help me
Old 01-31-2011, 02:36 PM
FormerVendor

Ok just sit back and take a deep breath and relax. Unfortunately we aren't open on saturdays or sundays so expecting a call back on the weekend isn't possible. We host all of our wiring diagrams online in our tech support section.

All of the relays are the same if they're from hsw, so it doesn't matter if you use one for the heater or kit. Looking at the pictures it looks like the original owner had connected the quick disconnect for the heater on the left relay. So use that for the heater. Mount it in the trunk where the bottle is. Run a heavy gauge hot wire from battery to the relay to supply power.

The wiring diagram is universal in our instructions. The purple wire on bmn gets connected to terminal 85 black wire on relay.

Read the instructions on our site before going any further. If you have more questions just ask.

Nick
Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

:sillyme: I couldn't find the diagrams online, but I did receive an email back with a link to all of them. Went back to your homepage, to cross-reference myself, and still couldn't find it But I do have them now, so I'm good on everything with the exception of the window switch. I have the BMN window switch, that I can't find a diagram for, so I'm on the verge of throwing that out of the equation.

My only remaining question would be what pulls timing when the nitrous is injected? Is this where the window switch comes into play? I'm hoping not because I can't find a diagram to use for mine
Old 01-31-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Window switch has nothing to do with pulling timing. It is there to only spray between rpms.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

I decided against using the window switch, and wired it all my own way

Performs awesome, put 100shot pills in just to get a feel for it. With the gauge reading near 1k psi, it pulls slightly harder than my pewter Z on motor. Love it