Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Cam Selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Cam Selection

I realize threads about cams are a dime a dozen... but i would like some cam basics as pertains to nitrous... I hear plenty people say just build it for motor and then spray... but im sure there are nitrous cams for a reason. From what ive seen you want a bit more exh duration/lift than intake... are there any "tried and true off the shelf cams" that consistently put out good results on spray?...

For reference.. My combo is a TSP 370 (Built for spray), 4L80, Yank 3400, and I want to hit it with at least 200hp.... Thoughts??...
Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

IMO the stall would be too small, and a 200 shot is kinda lil to most nitrous built motors. A 200 shot could be done with many off the shelf cams. Again just my opinion. The guys that are really big into the nitrous are the ones that chk plugs every pass, data log everything, they tune their cars very very aggressive and really lean on em to get every last drop outta their set up. A buddy of mines theory is whatever hp you make on motor, you should be able to spray just as much nitrous......He sprays 500hp outta sbc.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 PM
9 Second Club

Hey I had a 370 with patriot stage 3 heads and had the TSP magic stick 3 cam and my car went High 9s with that combo 3700lb car and a performaBuilt lv2 4l60e.

I researched cams like a **** every day before I built my 3 motors. Right now I have a 408 with custom cam from Cam motion. has a 12 degree spilt from intake to exhaust.

If I was you I would stick with the ms3 cam it loves the juice and runs good on motor to. You have the right stall to that will work perfect for you application if its a nitrous stall You may call yank and ask if that stall will work with a 200 shot. If you need any help pm me on questions
good luck.