Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching feed lines sizes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You use the plugs to tell you your wideband is reading right, not the other way around.

1 single wideband will not tell you whats going on in each hole.
It will take an average of the 4 cyl's on that side of the motor.
Learning to look at plugs is a must if you want to go fast.
If you just want to spray 150 shot and how ever fast it goes doesnt matter than you probably dont need to know what good plugs look like.

Do a search on plug reading or something.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look guy I do have a clue. Thats why real cars have EGT sensors on every cyl. with data logging etc. I guess you just ran 7's all by your self reading plugs. Please. I know on direct port systems you tune for every cyl. using fuel jets and pressure using a base line jet. This is a simple plate system that I will have to tune to the leanest cyl. I'm confused about how the jets are rated Can you answer that. I guess that the generic jet ratings won't work. Thats why I bought more jets to tune the system. Look I answered my own question.

Last edited by 1lejohn; 03-17-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

just pulled plug after driving home from work. made a 50-130 na pull on the tollway then a block and home. The timing mark on the strap is at the apex. The brown ring on the top of the insulator is only half way around. Thats because we are running only 24 degrees in the PCM. About 2-3 threads are blackened. The rest are clean. Black on the face of the metal body(rich).
Theres a tan reddish ring about 1/8" down on the porcelain. I can't see the bottom I know the most important part. Need a magnifier. I would say on motor this cyl is ok to good.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
Look guy I do have a clue. Thats why real cars have EGT sensors on every cyl. with data logging etc. I guess you just ran 7's all by your self reading plugs. Please.
Guess I should buy a real car then... No egt's on my car.
We have one 02 sensor on the car that we just use for reference.
We check every plug every pass and tune from them.... Please ?

You and who ever is tuning the car have no clue what your doing or you wouldnt be on here asking dumb questions.

Rich is safe right.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

If you opened up your ears you would start learning things. You and your tuner are going in the wrong direction. First you cant read a plug that a has a ton of street miles on it. Wont tell you zip.

2nd a wideband is only a reference to what your plugs are saying. Plain and simple.

3rd. a 62 jet is a 62 jet on anything, what it picks up to the wheels is a difference of opinion based on many different parts of your combo. Thats why its an estimate of around 150.

4th. Rich is not safe and im sure yours is dead rich
Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camscam02
If you opened up your ears you would start learning things. You and your tuner are going in the wrong direction. First you cant read a plug that a has a ton of street miles on it. Wont tell you zip.

2nd a wideband is only a reference to what your plugs are saying. Plain and simple.

3rd. a 62 jet is a 62 jet on anything, what it picks up to the wheels is a difference of opinion based on many different parts of your combo. Thats why its an estimate of around 150.

4th. Rich is not safe and im sure yours is dead rich
I am listening. READ THE PLUGS LOL. I know that you can't read an old set of plugs for wide open throttle runs. You can still see info from them. (correct) I have a new set of 7's waiting to be used for this. I guess I didn't word the question correctly. Reading my first statement you would could tell that I was lost. After dealing with all the varaibles on a new combo this was the last one to sort out. Last Friday we stepped up and the car didnot perform the way it should. Thats why I posted on the board. I never had to tune the old combo. ( it probally needed to be) but it performed about right. Never hurt any thing so I left it alone.

OK I get that. I still want one for a lean condition shut down function. It might not work but I'll give it a try. We will use it at the TX mile and on the road for top end races.

Thank You. ring the bell . Thats what I was having trouble grasping. I was looking for a hardware problem.

I know Flaco can tune he has the fastest LS based truck in the country. He only tuned the PCM and did the dyno work. This would have shown up then but the torque converter bolts broke on the N2o dyno run. We never dynoed it after that. He is not helping tune the N2O. I'm learning how my self.Oh drove by and asked him the same questions. His answer was read the plugs. No he said that it was rich and that he usually runs a 28 with a 62. The car will run rich at idel do to the cam size. Said that he's tried to clean them up with little or no sucess. We will do some testing this week end.

#4 I stated that it was rich in one of the first posts.
I'm glad it was rich and not lean. I under stand about washing rings etc. After we started the new motor and checked for leaks. We had it trucked over to the shop for tunning so as not to wash the ring seal. Then drove it about 500 miles before dynoing. I know what lean will do. a few years ago at the TX mile the tuner didn't take out the limiter. We hit it on spray at the 3/4 mile mark. It only burnt 7 plugs and 1 ex valve. Changed plugs and drove home like that.

You know we all aren't born with the knowledge that we have. you have to learn some how. Thanks for your time and answers. Hell I'm a work in progress aren't we all. Now to the track out.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Guess I should buy a real car then... No egt's on my car.
We have one 02 sensor on the car that we just use for reference.
We check every plug every pass and tune from them.... Please ?

You and who ever is tuning the car have no clue what your doing or you wouldnt be on here asking dumb questions.

Rich is safe right.
You do have a real car. Mines only a street car. I'm talking about a pro car. How many Wallies do have? I have zero.

I'm not about to do that only running a plate and a small shot. Shouldn't have too. If I tune it correct the first time. Then check it periodically. I'm just an index, true street racer. We won't spray the car every pass. I don't have a crew. It's me and my 15 year old son

No question is a dumb question. My point is that you didn't just wake up one day and run a seven. You had help and asked many questions.

Yes I was lost for a little while. Clueless. I don't think so .If you would have taken the time and listened to me we might have come to the correct answer a little easier. Thanks for your Time. See you at the races.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
9 Second Club

There are no stupid questions only stupid people that ask questions.

Just kidding !!

One of the reasons I post here is to help guys not make the same mistakes I made while learning how to "go fast with nitrous". Have hurt plenty of parts along the way and just trying to save everyone here some time and money by learning from my mistakes instead of learning the hard way. Problem is for some people that is the only way they learn.

Good luck with the car.

~Wayne, aka... zero wallies
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ATVracr
There are no stupid questions only stupid people that ask questions.

Just kidding !!

One of the reasons I post here is to help guys not make the same mistakes I made while learning how to "go fast with nitrous". Have hurt plenty of parts along the way and just trying to save everyone here some time and money by learning from my mistakes instead of learning the hard way. Problem is for some people that is the only way they learn.

Good luck with the car.

~Wayne, aka... zero wallies
I wish you guys were close. I would definitely pay you guys to tune my setup.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I wish you guys were close. I would definitely pay you guys to tune my setup.
We will be down for 2k11 if you need a hand.

Graham @ N20
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

that would be badass but my car is not running right now but it will be very soon
Old 03-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

that would be badass but my car is not running right now but it will be very soon
I hear you. Were up here in Waco. Give me a shout when your ready to rock.

BTW I own a white hard top formula. You have great taste.

Graham @ N20
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

No doubt I'll give you guys a call. Tell Chris I said what's up.

This is what I need help with

Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

why not go with a plate than dual nozzles?
nice setup btw...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

He's in Houston right now. Come out and say whats up to him your self and meet the rest of the shop.

Graham @ N20
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by graham@nitrousoutlet
We will be down for 2k11 if you need a hand.

Graham @ N20
We stopped by the hotel last night. Watched a few cars on the feeder. The 55 chevy is nice. Are you going to be at the track on Sat. or Sun. We will try and make it out there one of those days. We will be heading to RPR tonite to test,and tune.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

No doubt I'll give you guys a call. Tell Chris I said what's up.

This is what I need help with

Nice new bullet ready to go or in the car already?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
We stopped by the hotel last night. Watched a few cars on the feeder. The 55 chevy is nice. Are you going to be at the track on Sat. or Sun. We will try and make it out there one of those days. We will be heading to RPR tonite to test,and tune.
I know we will on Saturday, Not sure about Sunday.

Graham @ N20

Quick Reply: Switching feed lines sizes