Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with NX bottle heater

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with NX bottle heater

I have a new NX bottle heater I got from summit. For some reason they were out of stock for the NX supplied pressure switch, but sent a NOS pressure switch that should work the same 1050# (EFI Single Nozzle WET).

I have it wired in exactly like the instructions, and activated with a ashtray mounted nitrous panel.

The heater will work fine for until the bottle gets to about 900 and it shuts off. Then it seems like it doesn't want to turn back on???

I double checked the wires and all connections and fuses are good.

Anyone else have a problem like this? Could it be the pressure switch?

I need to get my volt meter and test it to see whats going on I suppose.

I'm using a NX 15lb bottle with the high flow valve. I have the gauge and pressure sensor screwed into the valve.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

So after a little thought, I'm going to just bypass the pressure switch and see if the heater works. That way I can rule that out.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PACKETFOCUS
So after a little thought, I'm going to just bypass the pressure switch and see if the heater works. That way I can rule that out.
The better idea is to put a multimeter on the leads of the pressure switch, and observe if the circuit is closed when the bottle is cold and opens above 900 psi. The pressure switch has an adjustment screw and you may need to give it a turn or two to get closer to 1000 psi.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
The better idea is to put a multimeter on the leads of the pressure switch, and observe if the circuit is closed when the bottle is cold and opens above 900 psi. The pressure switch has an adjustment screw and you may need to give it a turn or two to get closer to 1000 psi.
quoted for the truth
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

that and theres gonna be some room for the pressure to fall off before the switch will reengage. so just because it turns off at 900 psi doesnt mean its gonna click back on at 899 psi... it could be as low as 850 psi or something before it will kick back on ( i havnt experimented with mine yet so i dont know how much room there is). Also when the bottle is warm its gonna take some time for the pressure to fall off unless you purge the hell out of it... so dont expect it to cycle too often.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Ended up being the little set screw on the pressure switch. I kept turning in small increments until it got to 1050# (for my efi tune-up), and it works really good now.

Thanks for the insight guys.