Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions

alright so my buddy has a 02 z06 that currently has a a g5x3 cam and a ported/polished LS6 heads..he recently picked up a Kit and is planning to run a 150 shot...he has all the necessary internals for his H/C setup..what my concern is that he wants to stay with his stock fuel pump..he doesn't wanna upgrade it.. is this a very bad idea or will he be fine..he has a dynotune lean shutdown switch and is certain that will save him if he goes lean..

another question is for my kit in my 04 Z06 (havent sprayed yet)
wet NX kit with heater,purge,leanshutdown,FPSS,window switch, WOT switch, nitrous pressure gauge,fuel pressure gauge,A/F ratio gauge...currently my Fuel press. gauge is reading around 78 right now..i know normal press is around 59-60..does this sound like a bad gauge or do i have an issue..car runs fine but is running lean due to my bolt ons and still untuned. one of my buddies is doing a little tuning with HPtuners, im not experienced what so ever with tunning so would spraying with a HPtuners tune be a bad idea?? or is it all about just being at the correct A/F and taking out the timing..also i'm a little nervous about the solenoids, since i bought them used..i'm really thinking about just buying new solenoids for peace of mind. rather spend the money than risk my motor

sorry for the big write up
Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your friend's car: Tell him to upgrade the fuel pump to a 255lph Walbro and look into a hotwire kit and maybe even a fuel pump voltage booster. Why put all the money and effort into the upgrades, only to run out of fuel and possibly damage the motor?

Your car: That 78psi fuel pressure doesn't sound right. What does the gauge read when not connected to the fuel rail? Is it zeroed out? Seems like it is reading high. Especially because you say it is lean. If the rail pressure was that high, it would probably be rich, not lean. Test the solenoids, if they are still working well, you should be OK with them. Pulling timing with HP Tuners is a good idea. Be sure you get the NA tune spot-on before working on the N20 tune.