Sponsored by:

Thinking about purchasing the HSW Interface

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thinking about purchasing the HSW Interface

First, here is my list of equipment I installed last summer:

Complete Nitrous Outlet Halo System (Dry)
- Sold the Halo bar and converted to a single nozzle
Lucas 42lbs Injectors
Racetronix Fuel Pump w/ Hotwire kit
Fuel pressure safety switch
Dyno-tune Air/Lean Shutdown Controller
Tick Performance Dual Window Switch
LC-1 Wideband

Aside from that, I am a jus' running with a lid and cutout and tuned on a Mustang Dyno at Straightline, I put down 342/360! I was really, really happy with what it put down NA. Mike got to explaining that he prefers I purchase a fuel solenoid and make it into a wet kit so that I could keep the strong NA numbers. Ever since last summer, I placed things on hold.

I am really interested in the HSW Interface controller. I wish I found out about this sooner because I took my sweet *** time putting together this system and making sure I cut no corners. I almost don't want to take it apart!!! Anyone with experience care to share? I don't get how it works really and jus' wondering if I need something else for this to work.

Should I sell the Tick Window switch, Dyno-tune Air/Lean switch and purchase the Interface?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Why did you get rid of the Halo bar?

What are you looking to get out of either swapping to wet or the interface?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
Why did you get rid of the Halo bar?

What are you looking to get out of either swapping to wet or the interface?
Heard to many stories where people had problems with tuning it because it was so far away from the MAF.

I want to stick with a dry kit because of it's simplicity and I would like to get the best of both worlds as far as a strong NA tune is concerned.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Heard to many stories where people had problems with tuning it because it was so far away from the MAF.

I want to stick with a dry kit because of it's simplicity and I would like to get the best of both worlds as far as a strong NA tune is concerned.
Tuning a dry system is general is way more difficult.(With Stock PCM)

A dry system is only a fuel solenoid and a few hoses less than a wet system. But it does not take an interface trying to trick a MAF to make it work.

With a wet system and a lingenfelter or EFI LIVE, you can have a spot on NA tune, on the fly timing removal, and nothing but simple fuel jet changes to dial it in. Can't get much easier and simple than that.

That too some degree is an opinion however. I would just rather you have a easy to tune wet kit that you can always call us up for easy tuning advice if you need it.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should have tried it first. I dont know who you were talking to but I have tuned many of cars with the halo bar and its the way to go if you are going dry with a stock pcm. If you want simplicity scratch the dry and stock pcm idea and go to a wet system.
Just my .02
Dave
Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions!

What's the Lingenfelter? So if I purchase a wet-kit add on and get that tuned at Straightline, I won't need any extra devices or controllers?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The lingenfelter is a timing control device. Gives you the ability to run max n/a timing on motor and when the system arms removes timing for the nitrous.

Other methods of removing timing that I use is the EFI lives custom operating system.

With what you have all you need to do is add a wet system upgrade if you want to go wet and remove timing.

Do you have a bottle heater and the other normally needed accessories?