Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window switch or not

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default window switch or not

I think i know the answer but ill ask anyway. Due to my TNT kit being backordered and having to have waited 2 weeks..and probably gonna have to wait another week before it ships.. The thought of buying a window swich has been eating at me. I originally was just going to go with a button setup and try and use one of my buttons on my steering wheel to spray. (the ones that no longer work since my factory radio is gone) I have been reading posts about window switches and trying to do some research on how exactly to use it on the auto. Would i just arm the nitrous after the car shifts outta first,let the switch work till it cuts off the juice (5000rpm) kill the switch and rearm when it hits third? Seems like a lot of work to me, but have read NOT to spray through the shifts. It is high milage anyway 71000 miles. Just going to go with the tnt f1 kit with an 85 spray till the motor gets rebuilt. Aslo got the walbro,ngk's, and fuel safety switch. Purchased the pump anyway because hey 71000 miles... seemed to be a good idea to me even with the baby shot. I am new to nitrous but rode in an f body with the spray and got ADDICTED... Sorry if this question has been answered a gagillion times. OBTW those damn bolts on the flowtech were NOT long enough to bolt my QTP plate to..They should tack longer ones on for the ones shipped with the qtp's instead of the nubs that are tacked on there to begin with.. Cant even get the nuts on those things..oh well just doing a little whining
thanks matt
Old 03-02-2004, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbandit98
I think i know the answer but ill ask anyway. Due to my TNT kit being backordered and having to have waited 2 weeks..and probably gonna have to wait another week before it ships.. The thought of buying a window swich has been eating at me. I originally was just going to go with a button setup and try and use one of my buttons on my steering wheel to spray. (the ones that no longer work since my factory radio is gone) I have been reading posts about window switches and trying to do some research on how exactly to use it on the auto. Would i just arm the nitrous after the car shifts outta first,let the switch work till it cuts off the juice (5000rpm) kill the switch and rearm when it hits third? Seems like a lot of work to me, but have read NOT to spray through the shifts. It is high milage anyway 71000 miles. Just going to go with the tnt f1 kit with an 85 spray till the motor gets rebuilt. Aslo got the walbro,ngk's, and fuel safety switch. Purchased the pump anyway because hey 71000 miles... seemed to be a good idea to me even with the baby shot. I am new to nitrous but rode in an f body with the spray and got ADDICTED... Sorry if this question has been answered a gagillion times. OBTW those damn bolts on the flowtech were NOT long enough to bolt my QTP plate to..They should tack longer ones on for the ones shipped with the qtp's instead of the nubs that are tacked on there to begin with.. Cant even get the nuts on those things..oh well just doing a little whining
thanks matt
anybody home???
Old 03-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you spend all that money on your fuel system and not get a window switch? I have the TNT dry kit and have the window switch set at 3800 rpm's to come on and 6,000 to switch it off. Takes a lot of worry out of it. I wouldn't run nitrous without a window switch.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Restricted User

if you want to use one, set it for to start at 3,000rpm and then the off set at a couple hundred rpm BEFORE your shift happens or about 5500 for stock settings. When you go to make a run, open bottle, do burn out, arm switch, stage and hit your WOT. Once all 4 circuits are complete (WOT switch, FPSS, Arming Switch, and finally the window switch) the Nitous and fuel flows! Hang on and drive. No need to re-arm or anything. Once you let off the throttle it stops spraying.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

think of a window switch, as an extra safety feature, you wire it up to be the last ground to your main relay, so if it does not give a ground signal, you wont' spray.

you then add any kind of switches you want, or don't want, depending on your personal preference.

window switch = good on ALL n20 setups... there is NO reason not to run one cheap insurance.

Ryan.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

quick question - how are you going to spray an 85 shot with the F1 kit...its 75-100-150 unless a different combination = 85?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mw01
quick question - how are you going to spray an 85 shot with the F1 kit...its 75-100-150 unless a different combination = 85?
sorry meant 75 was going to try the 75 then go for the 100 dont know why i said 85 too early in the morning i guess. Probably since i have been researching and trying to decide on a kit for 3 months i have read about each one about a million times... finally decided on the f1. YES i will get a window switch.. I knew i should have ordered one with my kit... i am an idiot I figured everyone would set me straight once i asked a quesion like should i buy a window switch or not. Thats kind of like asking the officer if your in trouble after he stops you for going 140 in a 35.
thanks again guys
Matt