Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nano Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nano Questions

Ok so im hearing some good things about nano. My car is a Daily driver 98% of time.

I want to build my nitrous system to where i can hop in my car and go to work without having to worry about much. If i encounter something on the way home or just driving around town i can arm the system and GO! I have a 2005 GTO with a cam, Lt's, bolt-ons etc. Around 420rwhp. Thinking of going Nitrous outlet plate spraying ~125 shot.

I was worried about starting my car in the morning and having to wait 15 min for the bottle to warm up with a heater. With the nano i dont need a heater and as soon as my car is warmed up i can spray.

I have a few concerns though. First off i was going to buy a remote bottle opener. Obviously anytime i pull up at home and my nitrous is on i will have to turn off the nitrous and purge out the pressure. Can i leave the NANO on all the time? And just turn of the N20 bottle?

My other concern is it gets around 95* here 4-5 months out of the year (South Florida) how will this effect my nitrous pressure? Will the nano get to hot and cause too high of nitrous pressure?

Will it be better in my situation to just get a bottle heater for when its cold?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camaross305
Ok so im hearing some good things about nano. My car is a Daily driver 98% of time.

I want to build my nitrous system to where i can hop in my car and go to work without having to worry about much. If i encounter something on the way home or just driving around town i can arm the system and GO! I have a 2005 GTO with a cam, Lt's, bolt-ons etc. Around 420rwhp. Thinking of going Nitrous outlet plate spraying ~125 shot.

I was worried about starting my car in the morning and having to wait 15 min for the bottle to warm up with a heater. With the nano i dont need a heater and as soon as my car is warmed up i can spray.

I have a few concerns though. First off i was going to buy a remote bottle opener. Obviously anytime i pull up at home and my nitrous is on i will have to turn off the nitrous and purge out the pressure. Can i leave the NANO on all the time? And just turn of the N20 bottle?

My other concern is it gets around 95* here 4-5 months out of the year (South Florida) how will this effect my nitrous pressure? Will the nano get to hot and cause too high of nitrous pressure?

Will it be better in my situation to just get a bottle heater for when its cold?
Yes with NANO you do not need a heater. At this point in time we do not offer an electric opener. You can leave the NANO on but i would shut it off at night when you get home. If it is 95 degrees outside the inside of your car will see 100+ degrees. If it is that hot i wouldnt recommend leaving the nitrous bottle in the car. When it is cold you definitely benefit over the heater with NANO. Hope this helps you. If you have any other questions let us know.

-Brad
Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm ok so when it's cold out It's ok to leave the bottle but in the Warner weather I should remove both bottles? Seems a little tedious
Old 09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

couldnt i just have a nitrous pressure gauge, leave the bottles in the car, and when i get in if there is more than 1100psi just purge it?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

It has nothing to do with the NANO but rather it is not recommended that you leave a full nitrous bottle in the car if the temp are in the high 90's or more. Inside the car the temp will be much higher and the burst disk can rupture and fill your cabin with N2O.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 122 Likes on 109 Posts

Also I really don't think it's good for the niods to see that pressure "all the time" ...so shutting off the bottle is always a good idea.
Could you imagine leaving the bottle on, have a leaky noid, and go to start your car with an intake full of nitrous ??? BIG BANG !!!! and bye bye intake,hood,and maybe a lot more
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing that wasn't mentioned, is when the nitrous bottle becomes over 90* F the nano is not so effective. He guys @ Nano have chiller blankets to keep the botle cool to get the most out of ur set up

Quick Reply: Nano Questions