Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector Duty Cycle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011 | 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Injector Duty Cycle?

How do you find out the duty cycle of injectors? at the dealer they have a scan tool were you go WOT and they look at pulse width and how many mm it is. Not sure how to do it, can anyone give me an idea. Need to know if im maxing out the injectors or not.
Old 09-16-2011 | 05:17 PM
9 Second Club

Have someone with a scan tool such as EFI Live or HP Tuners data log your car and it will tell you. Might be able to do it at the dealer but I'm not sure. I'm sure there's someone in your area with tuning/scanning software that could help.
Old 09-16-2011 | 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope so because the best i got out of the dealer i work at is a scan tool, get pulse width by miliseconds or something like that and maybe be able to get duty cycle in percentage from there but there not sure how to find out duty cycle just pulse width.

Originally Posted by Carter01
Have someone with a scan tool such as EFI Live or HP Tuners data log your car and it will tell you. Might be able to do it at the dealer but I'm not sure. I'm sure there's someone in your area with tuning/scanning software that could help.
Old 09-16-2011 | 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

The PID in EFI live uses the below formula for Duty Cycle

%=IBPW * RPM/1200

The injector base pulse width is the number of milliseconds (thousandths of seconds) for which the injectors are commanded open by the PCM.

Quick Reply: Injector Duty Cycle?