Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Purge Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Running Purge Lines

I recently installed an NX EFI Race Nozzle kit and love it! On a 100 shot I picked up 1 second and 10mph at the track and 90 rwhp / 130 rwtq. Anyways, I am not adding extras to the kit and just picked up the purge kit from NX and their Dual Vent Purge Line Kit.

I want to run the purge out each of my side vents on the front fenders. The instructions really do not cover running the lines at all so I am just curious about how I should go about it!

I have 3 types of lines: 1 long roll of black tube line. 1 section of stainless braided line. 2 straight pieces of hard line.

I have the purge solenoid mounted right off the purge port on my nitrous solenoid, and have the purge port on my purge solenoid plugged. Therefore I will be running the purge out of the OUT on the purge solenoid.

So how about do I run this? Do I run the stainless line out of the purge solenoid back to a T and then off the T run 2 lines of the black tubing to my purging locations? That is my best guess but I thought I'd clarify. Also, do I mount the hardline in location to purge out of or what tubing/fitting is the end of the purge supposed to be? Thanks!

NitrousNewb Out!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 11-05-2011, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I think I have it figured out...

Braided line out of the purge solenoid to a T. Black lines from the T to my purge locations. At my purge locations, I have the bulkheads. Black lines run into the bulkheads, then out of the bulkheads runs my hard lines.

Sound right?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure they are supported and don't have metal to metal contact on rub areas.
It can jerk when you fire it, and you don't want it going where you can freeze damage something!!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually wanting to do this same exact thing to mine. Sounds like a good way to do it but I'm no expert. I will be going to do something like this so I'm in for some progress.

Quick Reply: Running Purge Lines