Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie question.. with purging

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie question.. with purging

Just finished installing a Cold-Fusion nitrous kit today with the purging system.. everything seems to be right.. checked all the N2o & fuel lines/solenoids and No Leaks..

Oh by the way.. filled the 10lb bottle half-way only.. 5lbs

My question is this....

Why is it when i come to purge the system.. I can bearly.. bearly and i mean (hard to see) the N2o/Fog coming out..??

is it suppose to be like that..? Does it take a special fitting at he tip of the hose..? or something..?? to make it look like Fog/cloud..? the line/hose is not bend or pinched. But nothing at the end-tip just plain hose..

I mean i can clearly hear the purging solenoid along with the LOUD nitrous sound being dispense.. I just cant really see it like i would expect it to be or like on some random youtube videos ive seen..(nothing close to that) maybe like 6-7 inches.. as i kept on tryN it out it slowly disappeared.. I tried it during the day & night.. and all it is just.. HEAR & FEEL n2o coming out that hose..

Does it take the bottle being fully filled..?? Since i only went half ways..?
Maybe @ a certain pressure..?

ANY ADVICE..??
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on the humidity in the air, not much here in california compared to out east. You won't get the big clouds
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camscam02
depends on the humidity in the air, not much here in california compared to out east. You won't get the big clouds
got it.. thanks.. i had try the serch botton on here.. but nothing.. it sucks!!

Google is my best friend.. found some more info/tips on it.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Default purging

as for pressure and a half full bottle, nitrous isnt like adding racefuel. it won't work correctly when it's almost empty. get the cylinder refilled and buy a pressure gauge. you need to keep a consistent pressure between 950-1000psi for everything from fuel curve to atomization. as stated humidity is the biggest factor with no2 plumes. even with our promod we see minimum plumes because we run mostly during the day.......
Old 03-15-2012, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get to 950 psi then you should be able to see it, if not then the bottle needs filled more.