Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Playing with Jet sizes for better AFR's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size is your feed line? A 4AN line will not flow anywhere near 250hp. Your .083 jet is limited to around 170hp (equivalent of about a 65 jet.. which calls for a 35 fuel jet @ 60psi)
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked96SS
im just gonna stay off the bottle...lol Already have a couple people looking to buy the kit anyway, Ill sell it and start my turbo set up. =)
Not to sound like a jerk but with the path you are taking pulling the system off may be your best decision.

I do not know who is giving you tuning advice but you need to seek it somewhere else.

You have the wrong spark plugs at the wrong gap. Wrong jetting for the power level you are wanting. No clue where your timing is etc. This is recipe for disaster.

The Zex single nozzle system will not even flow enough nitrous to support the .083 jet you have in it.

For the system to support a 175 hp you will need to call us and order a new fitting for the FMU box as well as an upgraded hose that goes from the box to the nozzle.

The jetting you need to start tuning with at 175 hp will be .073 Nitrous and .041 Fuel at 45 psi. There is a possibility you will end up with less fuel pill during tuning. Matbe a .038 or .035.

The plugs you need are a NGK BR7EF gaped at .034.

Assuming your N/A timing is correct you need to be removing around 7-9 degrees of timing.

At this power level if you have not upgraded the stock LT1 fuel pump I would suggest investing into a racetronix fuel system system.

Dave
Old 04-10-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly dont know why you have to run a 250 shot jet. Just do 150 shot and you will be fine with good tuning and a/f if you need to can play with it with jets. The only way I would run a 250 shot is with better clutch, tranny, different plugs with correct gap, fuel pump atleast, different solenoid and excellent tune to say the least. Even all that doesnt gaurantee anything. Goodluck OP

Quick Reply: Playing with Jet sizes for better AFR's?