Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harris Speedworks

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had there kits and they are nice kits. and i gave 298 taxes and all for mine got it on sale. but sold that kit with my old car i have nitrous outlets plate kit on my vett now.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 AM
TECH Regular

I can get a brand new Harris Speed Dry kit with a bottle warmer, purge kit, and gauge for 375 shipped. Would you do this? I can switch over to NOS Solinoids and what not to this kit as well down the road? I can also add a wet portion to it as well correct?
Old 09-15-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't even bother with it. If you're on a budget, check out Nitrous outlet Brand X stuff. Good stuff with out hurting the wallet.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Launching!

imo , if u think its a good deal go for it , u can always use others brands if something goes wrong, but keep in mind they are no longer around . but at 375 i wouldnt for a dry kit
Old 01-19-2014, 02:53 PM

Default harris speed

Hi im new to the forum today. Just wondering if there was any place to still get parts and or diagrams for harris plates. I can tell by the threads ive read through it is not the way to go but just trying to utilize the parts i already have. Im just short probably the braided lines from the solinoids to the plate but without having any info on this stuff i dont know what im going to need. Any good suggestions, besides throwing it away. Also trying to learn about the bmn controller i have. I also understand he has jumped ship or at least they have no website. But i would like to have some reading material on it, even if i can barrow it from someone maybe? Thanks for any help.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ljjixxer
Hi im new to the forum today. Just wondering if there was any place to still get parts and or diagrams for harris plates. I can tell by the threads ive read through it is not the way to go but just trying to utilize the parts i already have. Im just short probably the braided lines from the solinoids to the plate but without having any info on this stuff i dont know what im going to need. Any good suggestions, besides throwing it away. Also trying to learn about the bmn controller i have. I also understand he has jumped ship or at least they have no website. But i would like to have some reading material on it, even if i can barrow it from someone maybe? Thanks for any help.
You can order braided line from Nitrous outlet. All you need is a -3an on the side that connects to the plate, and then match the other side to whatever outlet fitting you have on your solenoids. You can get any length you need on there, just measure and pick up the phone and order.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:43 PM

Yes. The braided line is no big deal just trying to learn more about the system i have. Just trying to see if someone knows where i could look to find some reading material. Im new to the nitrous game. I was wanting to know how much fuel mixture will be added or if I have the right jets installed on it which im sure it does but i want to second check the system before i use it because i dont know who installed it. Do you know anything about the bmn controller? Also trying to learn about it because i know absolutely nothing about it. The whole ball of wax is pretty new to me. Im into 3rd gen bodies with carbs on them not to much into the fuel injection game yet but leaning that way with the shitty fuel we have in MO fuel injection is the only way to get a car to run very well.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

I have a 78mm HSW wet plate adjustable kit I bought several years ago from Harris for 299.99 Christmas special and its worked great for years. The N20 noid did stick about 5% open after about 3 years of use. I bought a Brandx noid and have been running fine since then. No complaints especially with the price for a full kit with bottle with pressure gauge on it supplied in kit. As far as I know HSW is out of business. I do have the instructions for my kit still that came with it if you want them pm me a fax number and I can fax them to you.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:04 PM

Cool. Ill get you a fax number from a local parts house I use for work materials all the time. I would appericiate it. Id like to get it all sorted out I have wiring going to my delete ashtray and none of it is hooked up, so I need to get it all tracked down and find what goes where. Ill pm you a number tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Ok===No problem. You will probably have to trace all the wires out to see where they connect. Relays,,,,noids,,,,power,,,grounds etc etc.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 PM

Yeah. I figured on that. Like i said none of my switches have power and i dont know what any of them do to begin with and havent took anything apart to look, other then I had to take the console apart to get the tranny out to rebuild. I figured i wait until i know i can make it work anyway then track it all down. Solenoids are probably screwed anyway.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by metlic53
I have a 78mm HSW wet plate adjustable kit I bought several years ago from Harris for 299.99 Christmas special and its worked great for years. The N20 noid did stick about 5% open after about 3 years of use. I bought a Brandx noid and have been running fine since then. No complaints especially with the price for a full kit with bottle with pressure gauge on it supplied in kit. As far as I know HSW is out of business. I do have the instructions for my kit still that came with it if you want them pm me a fax number and I can fax them to you.
Same here. I got their plate kit for an awesome price years ago during a Christmas sale. They were nothing but helpful whenever I had questions and their MicroEdge window switch works great. I still use it, although I may be selling the kit when/if I go with a Procharger.

It is a shame what happened with them. They made nice products and had great customer service.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

So is anyone from Harris speed works around here? Really like my kit and it has minimal use but would love first hand knowledge if I had an issue.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

I have pdfs for the plate kit instructions, and the microedge my old pc. I have passed these files around to a few, so there should be some floating around out there. I had good luck with the harris stuff, and its still on my car today, still on the solenoids it came with in 2010.

That being said, I am making the move to turbo this summer and already started gathering parts. So, I'll be putting mine up for sale soon with the microedge and all.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've heard the microedge and interface are really nice. Anyone who has the interface want to chime in on how well you like it?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Launching!

My micro edge works great but I only use the basic features. Easy to use and program. Any one running the Interface from HSW?? Trying to find someone who has dyno experience w/ one. Not sure how much I trust the dip switch tune??
Old 02-09-2014, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the Interface can only pull 3 degrees of timing, which is kind of a turnoff when the LNC2000 can pull much more.

Quick Reply: Harris Speedworks