Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottle mounting/track rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default bottle mounting/track rules

i have never ran nitrous nor ran on any track. ive built a couple GTP's that have ran bolt on 03 cobras but still never visited a track.

i am going to be spraying and currently the bottle is in the spare tire hull. which makes it piratically sit straight up. i thought it was ideal for it to be mounted at an angle.

so i was looking at moving it to the trans tunnel in between the seats. 1) to mount it at an angle. 2) to save from having to buy a remote bottle opener.

so my question is this, what kind of regulations do tracks have for mounting it in a cabin? is it "legal" at the track?
Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If its inside the Cabin with the driver, you need to have it properly secured, and you need a blow down tube that exits the vehicle to vent to the outside world.
thats about it....
also, check with your local police as to what they allow for transport to the track...
they may not allow it inside the passenger area of the vehicle, and most states do not allow it to be hooked up while driving on the street.....
which is another good reason to mount it in the spare tire well and get a remote bottle opener...
Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spare tire area That way the interior panel pretty much hides it for street use & a blown tube can be routed easy there A remote bottle opener is 170 on ebay Looks just like a zex only its not purple Dynotune has a dual window switch for 109 Thatll get ya hooked up
Old 05-16-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
Spare tire area That way the interior panel pretty much hides it for street use & a blown tube can be routed easy there A remote bottle opener is 170 on ebay Looks just like a zex only its not purple Dynotune has a dual window switch for 109 Thatll get ya hooked up
im not worried about hiding it for street use. im worried about saving money. lol. but realistically, i guess after buying the mount for my back seat, bottle brackets, and blow down tube, i could have just bought a remote opener for a few dollars more.

the dynotune switch specifically states not for use with zex box. looks like im going to be going with a msd one.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That ZEX box is suppose to have a TPS built into it which might be why the Dynotune window switch won't work with it because it uses TPS signal to activate the spray.

You will need just a window switch that only has on/off for one or two stages, or a window switch that allows you to choose a microswitch, tps signal, or none at all like my trick window switch does. Most window switches that will allow you to not use their TPS trigger function will state in their instructions to NOT bypass this feature unless you already have another unit doing this function for you like his ZEX box does.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
That ZEX box is suppose to have a TPS built into it which might be why the Dynotune window switch won't work with it because it uses TPS signal to activate the spray.

You will need just a window switch that only has on/off for one or two stages, or a window switch that allows you to choose a microswitch, tps signal, or none at all like my trick window switch does. Most window switches that will allow you to not use their TPS trigger function will state in their instructions to NOT bypass this feature unless you already have another unit doing this function for you like his ZEX box does.
any suggestions on which to go with? with the msd digital one work for me? there seem to be quit a few for sale.

Quick Reply: bottle mounting/track rules