Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing box or Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing box or Tune??

I'm wrapping up the install of my system. I'm will be running a nitrous outlet 92mm plate with 150-200 shots. My question is, should I get a timing box so that the retard doesn't effect me, or can it be done in the tune and not make my car a dog off the juice?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Timing Twister so I wouldn't have to pull timing on the motor tune. But to answer your question, you can have the timing pulled in the tune. However, the car will lose a little power on motor. I like having the best of both worlds....full N/A power and nitrous.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like stated above it really is up to you. for a 200 shot you need to be pulling around 8-10 degrees of timing. That will be noticeable in the N/A power. The lingenfelter is what I would use.
Dave
Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Like stated above it really is up to you. for a 200 shot you need to be pulling around 8-10 degrees of timing. That will be noticeable in the N/A power. The lingenfelter is what I would use.
Dave
Nuff said Drivin around on a tune for nitrous wont be as fun off the juice LS owners or 24x guys got it made with the Lingenfelter box LT guys have way more wiring to do Especially if you use MSD lol Well the older stuff anyway Youll be much happier with a timing controller