Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input\Help before tune... Build progress*pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input\Help before tune... Build progress*pics*

I have been making some changes to my car, hoping to make my first 9 second pass before the year is out. I have been reading and researching as to what works best for my goals. Over the winter I had a mini tub kit installed as well as new lca's, ph bar, anti roll bar, wilwood rear brakes, front travel limiters and double adjustable Afco's. Here is a current list as to what my car is now and what i plan on doing. Im looking for insight, opinions... What you guys think?

*Current
427 ls3
11:1 comp
SD tuned
runs on 93 no ethanol (still fat on cruise and idle)
28 deg timing
ngk br7 plugs gapped @35
dual nozzle in bellow
NX maximizer in first system
dual 10lb. bottles with nano
6an nitrous feed line
art car converter 5600 stall(shifting at 6300)
turbo 400(w/brake)
9" 4.10 gears

I have not sprayed the car with this engine, my current PB are 1.42 60" and 10.93@122mph on a 315radial

*Changes\Plans
Install stand alone fuel sysem low pressure(have)
Dual N.O. plate(to buy)
possible hardline kit for noids(to buy)
retune for nitrous(to buy)
install new converter(have)
vacuum pump? (maybe)
coil relcate(have)
delete Abs(to do)
clean up wiring(really needs to be done! May not happen right now)

Plans for the setup will start with installing these things and getting a retune. Will mostlikley start with 150 on one system(progressive) and work my way up from there. Final goal for this engine is 150 off the brake and 150 on the progressive.

So with all of that said I have a couple questions....

1: I have never ran a standalone fuel system, what fuel is recomended? 110, c16, ect...

2: Plug choice: currently have br7's. Should I go to 8 or 9? what will the na drivability be like on that cold of a plug? Is 150 safe on a 7?

3:Opinions on a vacuum pump, could this be done later after the tune without needing a retune? As most know there is quite a bit of crankcase pressure on 427's with pcv delete.

4: I am about 6hrs from frost who seems to be the tech favorite for tunes... Anyone have the dual tune on a factory PCM? Opinions? Should I try to spray on the dyno or just pull timing knowing i will be spraying?

5: I dont want to open a can of worms with this so I will be specific, any preference of efi or hpt for the nitrous guys? I know both are great tuners just looking for input of nitrous monitors or if one is more nitrous friendly than the other...

I have some pictures im going to load, please help me out and give me some thoughts! Thanks guys
Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Before I got the worthless post here are some
Attached Thumbnails Input\Help before tune... Build progress*pics*-trans-am-323.jpg   Input\Help before tune... Build progress*pics*-trans-am-240.jpg   Input\Help before tune... Build progress*pics*-vlcsnap-2012-05-15-21h54m37s211.jpg   Input\Help before tune... Build progress*pics*-trans-am-599.jpg  
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Really no-one? help me out here guys...
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have a great Idea of where you need to be. Cleaning up the N/A tune is the first place to start. I would tune on what ever nitrous plugs you will be using. With only a 11.1 ratio and a 150 shot BR7EFS would be fine. But adding the other 150 means you need to be on a B9EFS, gapped at .028.

93 Octain is not going to cut it. You need to switch the entire car over to atleast 116 fuel. Run it both in the main tank and the dedicated.

Vacuum pumps are great. They will help.

Frost makes a dual tune PCM. Check with him on that.

As far as tuning software.. EFI live blows HP tuners out of the water when it comes to nitrous tuning.

If your pcm is a 99 up model you can use there custom operating system to yank the timing when the nitrous system engages. I use the EFI live on our shop car. Lorenz at LSX power tuning set up up for me and I love it.

Dave
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Thank you for the reply! What do you think about N\A drivability on a BR8 or BR9? Also what range is the "shot size" where the 116 in the fuel tank for the engine comes into play? I hadnt considered ever having to do that, I was assuming as long as I had a high octane fuel in the standalone i would be ok with 93 in the tank