Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS bottle leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOS bottle leak

I have the LS1 NOS kit in my car and my 15lb bottle has been leaking. The first time it happened I thought you just could not spray much with (cause I had sprayed several times). Then the guy that filled said he had trouble filling it up all the way and did not know why but got it most of the way. So after that I sprayed bout 1 maybe 2 good times and did not spray for a while, trying to conserve it. before I know the bottle is practically empty or as empty as it was before. Any ideas of what I should check. I dont know alot bout NOS yet cause I a newbie to it. THanks guys...

Mike
Old 04-07-2002, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: NOS bottle leak

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PowerCrap5000:
<strong>I have the LS1 NOS kit in my car and my 15lb bottle has been leaking. The first time it happened I thought you just could not spray much with (cause I had sprayed several times). Then the guy that filled said he had trouble filling it up all the way and did not know why but got it most of the way. So after that I sprayed bout 1 maybe 2 good times and did not spray for a while, trying to conserve it. before I know the bottle is practically empty or as empty as it was before. Any ideas of what I should check. I dont know alot bout NOS yet cause I a newbie to it. THanks guys...

Mike</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you leave the bottle open even when you do not use it? If you do, then it could be leaking out if everything is not sealed perfectly, which is not easy to do. If you do close it everytime, then the bottle must be leaking. I'd stick the bottle in the bathtub and see if any air bubbles pop up near the bottle neck and valve. Or I hear there's a leak detector you can spray to find these problems. Get it warrantied if it's leaking.
Old 04-07-2002, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I do leave the bottle open all the time cause I hate to have to go back there and turn it when I need it and I dont have the money for a remote bottle opener. I was told that the bottle should not leak if I left it open but maybe I should just keep it closed from now on huh?

Thanks for the Info
Old 04-07-2002, 09:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PowerCrap5000:
<strong>I do leave the bottle open all the time cause I hate to have to go back there and turn it when I need it and I dont have the money for a remote bottle opener. I was told that the bottle should not leak if I left it open but maybe I should just keep it closed from now on huh?

Thanks for the Info</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You answered your own question here.It is not good to leave the bottle open all the time.That's why they make bottle openers.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very bad idea to leave the bottle open full time, I have yet to see any kit not get some kind of leak from time to time. Turn off the bottle when not in use, or maybe start buying nitrous from me so i can retire to florida and race fulltime.