Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing my NX wet kit w/MSD window switch installed?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing my NX wet kit w/MSD window switch installed?????

I installed the NX wet kit and am getting to the point of testing out the system to see if everything works properly, so how can I test the system w/the window switch wired in??? TIA Michael
Old 04-11-2002, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Testing my NX wet kit w/MSD window switch installed?????

Turn on the car, put it in 1st ...hmmm maybe 2nd and floor it. The only test I have known about was having the car on in neutral and flooring it and see if the noids click on.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

i took mine down the road and tested it. dont do it in 1st or 2nd unless you have sticky tires, it almost spun me around. i tried mine in 3rd gear, armed it, then floored it at like 2500 and the window came in at 3000 as it should have.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

how do you test the noids with out spraying it, does it also have a WOT switch??

How does that test work, or do you just take the bottle off?
Old 04-11-2002, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how i test the wiring is, i wire everything, fpss, wot, window switch all on the low current side of the relay. (which i mount inside the vehicle)

I have just a fuse---relay---noids--ground on the other side.

For the test, remove the fuse (20 amp) and have somebody hold the relay, you will feel it click when the system should be spraying. You could also wire a led across the terminals of the relay to tell you when you are spraying.

You cannot just turn the bottle off, one you will burn out the noids, as the n20 cools them off. second the fuel will still spray, and cause the potential for a intake backfire. (not good)

I have designed a wiring box/controler for N20, with a remote led status indicator that will tell you when the fpss is on, the wot is on, the window is on, and when you are spraying, would make solving wiring problems easier. I am considering making a prototype/selling them, if there is any interest.

Ryan.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Disconnect the Noids and hook a test light instead.So when the lights work,that is when the Noids will.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good deal, thanks everryone.

Ryan - I did wire LEDs to everything, but I beleive that I wired them up incorrectly cause they don't work as I would like them to. But then again I haven't tested the system yet. BTW how did you wire the LEDs to everyhting? Cause I have all the LEDs next to my TCS switch it looks good, but I would like it to work the way I want as well. I bought the LEDs from Radio Shack, w/the holders and they are 12v LEDs, they also have a resistor in them. I really do appreciate the help.

Thanks again, Michael
Old 04-13-2002, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my control box actually has 3 relays insude, 2 low current ones for the FPSS and Window switch and a high current for the N20.

The led's are wired off the small relays inside the box, using a RJ45 (cat 5) connector to connect the control box to the little display box. I even have the capability of bypassing the window and the fpss on the remote controller box.

But to wire a normal LED, all you need to do is ground the one side, and connect the other side to the noid +12 wire.

Ryan.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome...thanks for the help...Will have to try it out, once I have time to look over the wiring one more time. Thanks again everyone, Michael