Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Mini Progressive Controller Wiring. Need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS Mini Progressive Controller Wiring. Need some help.

We are trying to wire this up to Nitrous Outlet solenoids and cant get the controller to work. We are only running 1 stage.

This is how we have it wired

1) blue wire grounding both solenoids.
2) white and blue wire to WOT switch and the WOT switch is gounded. TPAS setting is 00.
3) Running 2 relays, 1 for nitrous and 1 for fuel to supply the power. Relays have power, ground, they are hooked up to the relays and I have the yellow activation wire hooked to the relays.
4) Controller is gounded. both the big black wire and the digital gound wire.
5) white wire to the power side of the nitrous arming switch. (when the arming switch is on, the controller comes on)

When the controller is triggered nothing happens. The controller switches from r to 1 but there is no relay clicking, solenoid opening or anything. I cant figure out why.

From what I understand in the instructions is that the yellow wire is the activation wire or trigger wire. How do I use that wire to activate the solenoid relays?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

What do you have the tach wire hooked to? It needs to go to the coil pack. I think it was the signal wire.

I just fixed this problem with one of these controllers on my car. We had the tach wire going to the tach. The directions are not clear on that and do not state that anywhere.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRracing
What do you have the tach wire hooked to? It needs to go to the coil pack. I think it was the signal wire.

I just fixed this problem with one of these controllers on my car. We had the tach wire going to the tach. The directions are not clear on that and do not state that anywhere.
Actually, you can wire it to the tach output from the pcm. Instead of setting to "01" like the coil, the setting is "04".
Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Oh wow. I didn't know that. I don't have a pcm in my car. I have a MSD 6010 box controlling my ignition.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
Actually, you can wire it to the tach output from the pcm. Instead of setting to "01" like the coil, the setting is "04".
correct, this is how I have my friends set up. On my old camaro it was set up the same way and I ran on 4cyl mode.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

They yellow wire shouldn't be hooked ot the noids at all. The blue wire will control the ground and the other side of the noids needs to be going to Pin 87 on the relays. The yellow wire is supposed to be used for a secondary timing device or something you want to trigger on. Also if not hooked up you will have to hook up the green wire to a tach signal of some sort.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Launching!

I will have my buddy respond to this as he is the one wiring it up, but thanks for the input so far!

Quick Reply: NOS Mini Progressive Controller Wiring. Need some help.