Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

timing/nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default timing/nitrous

in a few weeks i will be installing all of my go fast parts, heads, cam, stall, nitrous, ect. im going to be spraying 150shot so i will be pulling 7 degrees of timing while spraying. i bought a timing box to pull the timing when needed. but i was wondering if i would notice 7* of timing pulled during everyday driving? im thinking i may sell the timing box to help pay for the tuning i will need to have done. i figure 7* since the rule of thumb is 2* per 50shot plus i was going to pull 1* more just to be safe because my "race" car is also my daily driver.

obviously no matter what the car is going to be a million times faster with all the parts im installing. but will it make a big difference with the timing.

so how much power do you think i will be losing pulling 7* timing ALL the time? will i notice it on my butt dyno?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

15-20rwhp.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ldyzluvdis06
in a few weeks i will be installing all of my go fast parts, heads, cam, stall, nitrous, ect. im going to be spraying 150shot so i will be pulling 7 degrees of timing while spraying. i bought a timing box to pull the timing when needed. but i was wondering if i would notice 7* of timing pulled during everyday driving? im thinking i may sell the timing box to help pay for the tuning i will need to have done. i figure 7* since the rule of thumb is 2* per 50shot plus i was going to pull 1* more just to be safe because my "race" car is also my daily driver.

obviously no matter what the car is going to be a million times faster with all the parts im installing. but will it make a big difference with the timing.

so how much power do you think i will be losing pulling 7* timing ALL the time? will i notice it on my butt dyno?
The only thing I hate about letting the tuner pull it all the time for you is that you have to go back to him if you need to change the timing. With the timing box you can change it yourself whenever you want.