Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX help

I recently installed a gm single stage efi race kit on my camaro. When I test it everything seems to work. When I use it however the car slows down. I am guessing it is making it to rich. When I called nx they told me that it was because I didn't have a bottle heater, but I don't understand how too little bottle pressure would cause the car to slow down. I only say this because I had a NOS wet kit spraying a 100 shot before and even with a cold bottle the nitrous was a big improvement over the motor alone. I live in FL and it in not like it is 30 degrees outside. If anyone could help I would be greatful.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure the N2O noid is opening? Sounds like only the fuel noid is opening and you're bogging.

I'd disconnect the N2O from the fogger and test it. Any idea what your bottle pressure is? What jets are you using? Could it be that the jets are switched or the lines are running to the wrong ports on the fogger? Just throwing out ideas.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your bottle pressure?If your bottle pressure is low,Yes your car will bog down because the nitrous will not flow correctly and the fuel will load up.
Dave
Old 04-07-2004, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
What is your bottle pressure?If your bottle pressure is low,Yes your car will bog down because the nitrous will not flow correctly and the fuel will load up.
Dave
I understand that low bottle pressure will affect the performance of the nitrous, but will 800 psi of pressure cause the car to slow down. My nos wet kit never did that. I also took my cold bottle and used it in a friends car and it worked. It has to be something with the kit. I took the lines off the fogger and they both spray proberly. for the 100 shot I have used the 52 nitrous jet and I have tried the 33, 31 and 28 fuel jet. I tried all three because I have two other friends with the same kit and they all had different fuel jets recommended. The jets are in the proper places, and I even took the fogger out and tested each line on it individually and then together and it seems to work fine. I know the nitrous line is not kinked or pinched. Could the nitrous solenoid not be openning all the way?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:42 AM
FormerVendor

Yes Low bottle pressure will cause that.Nx kits are rated a little fat anyways.When the bottle pressure is below 900psi the nitrous will not flow as fast and steady causing it to run fater because the nitrous is not flowing as much as the fuel.The best way for you to see if that is the problem as is simple as getting your bottle pressure up and then try it.If you do not have a heater take the bottle and run hot water over it.MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BOTTLE PRESSURE GAUGE ON IT.Take a 4 an cap and screw it on the nipple.Put the bottle in the sink and run hot water on it.The bottle pressure will jump up very quick so be careful.
Dave
Old 04-08-2004, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
Yes Low bottle pressure will cause that.Nx kits are rated a little fat anyways.When the bottle pressure is below 900psi the nitrous will not flow as fast and steady causing it to run fater because the nitrous is not flowing as much as the fuel.The best way for you to see if that is the problem as is simple as getting your bottle pressure up and then try it.If you do not have a heater take the bottle and run hot water over it.MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BOTTLE PRESSURE GAUGE ON IT.Take a 4 an cap and screw it on the nipple.Put the bottle in the sink and run hot water on it.The bottle pressure will jump up very quick so be careful.
Dave
Thanks for the advise. I have a heater and pressure guage on the way for the kit. I still think that can't be the only problem. I moved my bottle to my friends car and with the same pressure it is works fine in his car, same car only his is an automatic and he has the same nx kit.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

If that doesent fix your problem,Check the following
1.Does the solonoid work ok.
2.Does the main feed line have any trash in it,or is it kinked.
3.Is your car running to fat on your set up..
4.Is your car leaning out? You may have a weak pump..
5.CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOUR MICRO SWITCH IS MAKING A GOOD CONNECTION WITH THE THROTTLE LINKAGE. I have seen it kick in and then the linkage rows alittle further and then disingage.
Good luck
Dave