Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous build? or ....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous build? or ....

for the past few weeks ive been going back and fourth through all my options trying to slap a D1SC on my car, but id need to build my motor, or swap a 6.0L or buy a 6L shortblock from livernois, and buy all the supporting stuff, and the list goes on... and ends up by the end of it im into it about 12-15 grand...

just wanted to know what you guys think i need/should do to my set up right now to take a 150 shot.. im willing to build my motor completely. im just wondering about cost, and what exactly needs to be done.

i need to freshen up the motor anyways i think.. theres a lot of ticking and tapping from the top end it sounds... maybe rockers out of adjustment, but whatever it is.. i want to fix it, get a big cam in her, likely get new valvetrain while keeping the afr 205s, and build the bottom end to hold the 150 shot.. or if theres any way to go boost, id do it.. but i need the cheaper route right now...

any help, tips, advice and even build threads or anything would be great... i know this is one of the things that ls1tech is amazing for... help me get into the 10s! haha
Old 09-22-2012, 05:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous is the cheapest most effective way to get into the 10s. I was running 10.60s I believe it was on a 150 shot, can't remember exactly, it's been a while. It took me a 225-250 shot to hit 9.9 then 300 shot to hit 9.7. This is with a stock heads, stock bottom end, stock ls6 intake car. Click on the link in my sig for more details.

Quick Reply: Nitrous build? or ....