Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Tune Question

I am about to get my nitrous tune on Monday. I have a quick question should put on my 28inch drag radials just like I would at the track or leave the 26's on. I just want to make sure everything is right when I am at the track. Will the tire size have anything to do with the tune at all. Thanks for the input
Old 09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club

This is a touchy subject my friend. Tuning on a dyno and actually making a full 1/4 mile pass are two different things. I don't want to discourage you because alot of people are very successful tuning nitrous via dyno. Most guys on here prefer plug reading and track tuning.

I see you are in Tn, how experienced is your tuner with nitrous? Typically what happens is the dyno does not put the load needed on the car and when she sees the track and full load is applied things change in the tune-up.

However to answer your question, me personally I would run whatever setup I am running at the track on the dyno.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And why run around on a Nitrous tune When your Not on the Bottle??? Id just get the proper timing controller to pull timing. LS cars use the Lingenfelter piece with Great success!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

This is the first time nitrous has been used on the car, so I figure I got to start somewhere as far as the tune goes. I am no tuner either, but I have the basic hp tuners, so I can swap from motor too nitrous tune. I am taking it to Dynospeed, I have been going there with success. I will put it in drag trim and get it tuned like that, I am only spaying 150 shot through a 92mm nitrous outlet plate. Hopefully that will be enough for a 10sec pass.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Tune Question