Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling Timing Via the IAT, Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulling Timing Via the IAT, Problems?

I did a bunch of reading about the resistor trick to pull timing and thought it would work out well for me rather than switching tunes back and forth (HPTuners).
I purchased all the necessary parts but before I started rewiring everything I simply unplugged the IAT and inserted the 750ohm resistor in the harness. The IAT read 135' in the scan, so I ensured I had no multipliers etc and made a couple WOT passes. No timing was pulled. I then went in the IAT table and added -3' of timing in the 140' cells plus each of the cell columns on either side. Still no timing pulled.
I swapped in a 15K resistor (liked this better because it will add not pull fuel) changed the 16' table relative to the IAT reading yet still no timing was pulled. Went back to the tune with 3' out of the main spark advance table and the timing was pulled from the stock 28' to 25'
This is on a 99 TA with a dry shot. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if this helps but......my HPT is an old version, it uses a dongle and is the kind that was licenced for any 99 and, in my case, 02 as well.
I mention it because another thread I read on building and tuning a retard box showed screen shots of the tables but they were vastly different than mine. Those screens and tables seemed to have more "stuff". It was for a newer G8 or GTO not an f-body. ???????

Quick Reply: Pulling Timing Via the IAT, Problems?