Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swollen nitrous plunger

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Swollen nitrous plunger

Is this "swollen"? while it does look like there is a ring from where the plunger sits on the seat of the solenoid it doesn't appear to be "swollen", The center Teflon doesn't look to be any higher then the Teflon outside the ring indention.

Is this normal or bad?

Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

That is normal for the Teflon to do that. Some types of Teflon are more prone to do that than other but it looks normal. The center will eventually start to protrude to far out and restrict flow after time and then it would need to be replaced.

What exactly are you trying to find out? Is it nor flowing enough, not opening, leaking?

Trey
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That look pretty normal as long as that ring isnt to deep.

On thing that sticks out to me is the junk on the teflon. Was that there when you took it apart or was it caused by you taking it out and moving it around. I would take a soft bristle took brush and clean that off.

If it was there when you took it apart i would check to make sure that you arent getting any junk in that solenoid.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
That is normal for the Teflon to do that. Some types of Teflon are more prone to do that than other but it looks normal. The center will eventually start to protrude to far out and restrict flow after time and then it would need to be replaced.

What exactly are you trying to find out? Is it nor flowing enough, not opening, leaking?

Trey
Trey,

I called and talked to you about the jet size issue and you truck eariler, a buddy said to check the pluger so i just wanted a second oppinion on it. i will be tryint the 41f jet as we discussed.

Neal,
I just pulled the solenoid back apart to check it the trash isnt there. must have been from my fingers or something.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Yeah that plunger looks perfectly normal to me as long as that wasn't trash on the Teflon part. Hope that jet gets you where you want to be, if not let me know and we can try to figure something out on it.

Trey
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyipher
Trey,

I called and talked to you about the jet size issue and you truck eariler, a buddy said to check the pluger so i just wanted a second oppinion on it. i will be tryint the 41f jet as we discussed.

Neal,
I just pulled the solenoid back apart to check it the trash isnt there. must have been from my fingers or something.
Cool just wanted to make sure that didnt get over looked.

Quick Reply: Swollen nitrous plunger