Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 nitrous recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 nitrous recommendations

I'm sure this subject is as old as the hills but I will ask it again to get a tailored answer. As in the sig, I have a 175 shot with a Comp 224/230 cam. I think that's the biggest XE grind. Probably should have went bigger with my cubes. It's streetable though and I thought I would just upgrade my nitrous for track use so I can get more power. Is the 112 LSA sufficient for a 250 shot? Is the duration split wide enough? I read a thread a while back that said (in the LS1s that is) that a single intank pump with stock fuel lines and rails is only good for about 600-650rwhp. I figured a 250 shot would stick me in that range. So I seem to be ok there. Injectors are big enough I believe. Someone also mentioned that the back cylinders might go lean with the forward fed intake. I've got forged SRP shelf pistons, not ceramic coated or anything. Anyone have any comments on these pistons and a big 250 shot? I figured I would use NOS octane boost in addition to my timing retard of 8 degrees. My big question is am I in the position to go 250 or should I stick with the 175?