Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find nitrous hose and adapters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to find nitrous hose and adapters?

Ok... I have an NOS kit... originally ran the line so the bottle was up top (above the gas tank)... well live and learn, so I finally built a bottle holder for the spare tire well and installed my 15lb NOS bottle... it fit but barely...

I need to extend the nitrous hose about 2-3 feet to reach the new bottle location. So I'll need a hose connector and some nitrous line...

Is the steal braided hose that comes w/the NOS 5177 Dry kit 4an or 3an (I think it's 4 an but want to make sure before I order). Thanks
Old 07-07-2002, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Where to find nitrous hose and adapters?

most likely a 4an. dead giveaway is the size of the hose fittings. if the nut is 7/16 (some are 1/2), it is 3an. if 9/16", then 4an. I can make you a custom sized hose if you like. sounds like you need a 3' length and a male-to-male straight union fitting to attach the additional line to existing line. email me if you want me to put this together for you. rjudd@tqs.com. off the top of my head, you're looking at ~$25 + shipping.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where to find nitrous hose and adapters?

The feed line (bottle to solenoid) with the kit is 4AN. NOS makes pre-made lines in many lengths. You'll need a union adapter to connect the lines, but stay away from NOS' adapters though, they're priced a bit high. I use Earl's stuff mostly. If you need help with part numbers, drop me a note and I'll help you out.