Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TNT kit

Does TNT make more torque than other kits? Wet kits more than dry? I heard they did. If they do, is it because they have two nozzles vs. one and better fuel/nitrous atomization? With an exhaust duration cam like mine 229/233 .575/.585-112 and headers with a timing tuner, how much torque will a 100 shot get me. as in 100 additional hp, not 100 jets cause I know TNT 100 shot is more like 150hp. I dont consider that good, just inaccurate. I need a reliable motor so I don't want to go over 100hp. Thats why I'm doing the timing tuner with only a 100 shot. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TNT has thier nozzles patented....Im going to be doing a dyno test if i get a chance in the next couple weeks.

What im going to do is swap in thier nozzle on a NX single fogger kit. He claims 50 lbs of torque (assuming i spray @ 3000 rpm) and a definate gain in RWHP from JUST changing the nozzle out to thier far superior one.

now thats a ballsy claim.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does that make it better just because their 100shot makes 150? I don't get that. Put in bigger jets on the original kit and call it a day. Whether I'm making a 100hp with 50 jets or 150 jets makes no difference to me. Unless their equipment is better built I see no reason to pick one company over another all parts being equal quality. If I'm wrong someone please fill me in. Thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres how it was explained to me:

Take a Nitrous Express Wet Kit. Jet it to say 200. dyno it with proper well setup conditions. In my experience that puts down about 150-160 rwhp with that jetting on a motor that is nitrous friendly ls1.

THEN take out the NX fogger and put in the TNT fogger. Take the orifice size of the NX jet (nitrous drill bits are an easy thing to use to show the actual size of a jet), put in the identical orifice size TNT jet. (which would also be TNT's 200 horsepower jets).

Do a back to back dyno from one to the other. The TNT kit will make 50 more pounds of torque and quite a bit more horspower (usually about 190-210 rwhp) on the 200 jets.

Tnt doesnt just put bigger jets in and call it a smaller shot. It uses the same orifice size as an NX kit. So its not flowing more nitrous through the jet. The fogger is flowing/atomizing/working better. And the worst is NOS foggers, they suck compared to NX or any modern fogger, except thier annular stuff seems alright.

Other companies cant just copy the fogger designs of TNT, nx etc because they are all patented.....

What you are going to get with a TNT fogger in my opinion is the ability to run more nitrous safely. If you spray less nitrous through and make more power, then you use less nitrous, that saves money. Plus if the distribution on a TNT nozzle is superior, your going to have more equal amounts of nitrous per cylinder, which is safer on cylinders to get a more even mix. Thats why there are some guys spraying 200-250 rwhp on stock bottom ends and havent burned them down. Then thier are guys spraying 150-175 dry kits that blow thier **** up...just my .02's...
Old 04-15-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, that makes sense. I like the idea of using less nitrous too. I was just considering how much nitrous was going to cost me on a yearly basis and it turned out to be just under $1,000.00. Maybe I'll go with a TNT 75 shot then. I just want to put down 500rwhp/500rwtq. I'm making 400/380 now so I need 100rwhp and 120rwtq out of it. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

my bud just installed my T.N.T wet kit,it's awsome. i called tnt and asked them why i should but their kit over others? they told me the same thing that aidann20 told you. it sold me,i have one.