Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mounting a zex solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting a zex solenoid

i have a nitrous kit left over from my 2008 350z (http://www.zex.com/zx/07-current-nis...trous-kit.html) and i was wondering where is the best place to mount the solenoid? In my z, I mounted it right behind (and slightly above) the motor, however, that looks to be a more difficult task on this car.

i called zex today and they said that it would work since both cars pull about the same voltage at WOT (i think the z was like 4.5 and he said the camaro was closer to 5 volts). so its just a matter of locating the appropriate wires. i do know that i need to look into the part i would need that taps into the fuel system that runs to the solenoid and to mount the bottle in a place where i have enough line length

i'm not sure if anyone would have a solenoid like this, but any advice would help, thanks

btw, this is for a 2000 camaro ss
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I had this kit but never mounted it, I was going to either put the nitrous management unit on the driver side of the radiator support or bolted to one of the coils. This kit sucks for mounting IMO.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll take a look at that

Yeah....I've seen other kits that look better on this car but I actually didn't have a problem with the way I had it installed on my last car. A lot of people couldn't tell I had it on the car. I have a pretty good idea on how to run the lines, just not where to mount the unit

Quick Reply: mounting a zex solenoid