Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
I would normally Just step in and tell you to step away from the vehicle and go back to your Honda Civic

But I would rather see how you blow something up by building a Nitrous plate when you appear to have no clue about how it works, have never bought one to cut apart and dissect, and have never tried to reverse engineer it to be able to design your own version.

the fact that you use "Cuz" (instead of the word Because) and you use "?" (instead of the word Question) shows a lack of respect for the English language, or a lack of education, or both....
and Things like that, are some of the reasons why you will get 100 views and Zero replies

I'm ready to see you turn some pistons into ashtrays.

I know you want to save some Money... But please... leave this kind of thing up to the Pros who do this for a living.

Buying somebody's pre-made ready to bolt on Product will save you a lot more money in the long run, and will yield a lot more consistent and reliable results than what you are doing right now.(not to mention, probably also safer results)
Really man? I don't think that is needed
Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fayettevillin
if i have a single fuel on 1 side and a single nos on the other shouldnt i still jet it for a 200 shot if thats what i plan on spraying?
There is nothing wrong with making the plate the way you are think. You just need a little info.

On a nitrous nozzle, the nitrous sprays behind the fuel. On the nozzle if you notice, there is what is called a bath tub. (the divet in the nozzle) It is used to 90 the high pressure nitrous into the fuel. It breaks up the fuel and atomizes into the airstream.

See the round hole where the nitrous comes out of the nozzle. It is set deep down in the hole. This is where the nitrous come out of the nozzle. This makes it do a 90 turn into the fuel. At the top of the tub you will see the fuel hole. This is where the fuel discharges straight down. The nitrous making the 90 degree blast threw the fuel atomizing both together. (excuse my key as a prop) LOL And no i do not drive a honda or acura. haha

They way that you are making your plate, you would be better off putting 2 wet nozzles in the plate with a 100 shot in each. This would net you the 200 hp shot that you want.

From what i was gathering you were going to use 2 dry nozzles, one with fuel in it and 1 with nitrous. Like stated above, most likely you are going to lean one side of the motor out with nitrous and float the rings on the other side.

I hope this helps. You have the tools to do what you want! Just feel free to ask questions! I will help out as much as possible.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
There is nothing wrong with making the plate the way you are think. You just need a little info.

On a nitrous nozzle, the nitrous sprays behind the fuel. On the nozzle if you notice, there is what is called a bath tub. (the divet in the nozzle) It is used to 90 the high pressure nitrous into the fuel. It breaks up the fuel and atomizes into the airstream.

See the round hole where the nitrous comes out of the nozzle. It is set deep down in the hole. This is where the nitrous come out of the nozzle. This makes it do a 90 turn into the fuel. At the top of the tub you will see the fuel hole. This is where the fuel discharges straight down. The nitrous making the 90 degree blast threw the fuel atomizing both together. (excuse my key as a prop) LOL And no i do not drive a honda or acura. haha

They way that you are making your plate, you would be better off putting 2 wet nozzles in the plate with a 100 shot in each. This would net you the 200 hp shot that you want.

From what i was gathering you were going to use 2 dry nozzles, one with fuel in it and 1 with nitrous. Like stated above, most likely you are going to lean one side of the motor out with nitrous and float the rings on the other side.

I hope this helps. You have the tools to do what you want! Just feel free to ask questions! I will help out as much as possible.
Stand up guy right here!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Really man? I don't think that is needed
i thought it was a good post, and needed.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^Same here.

OP is recommending a br6ef plug for a guy spraying a 175-200 shot in another thread. He is posting like is he knows what he is talking about but doesn't. That is the wrong info no matter how you look at it.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
^^^Same here.

OP is recommending a br6ef plug for a guy spraying a 175-200 shot in another thread. He is posting like is he knows what he is talking about but doesn't. That is the wrong info no matter how you look at it.
in the theard on total timing the second post says 6 or 7 to be safe thats what i was baseing it on
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet

yes your a great help!!! i really apperciate it.. i have a few fogger nozzles and i seen what you ment and having never seen a plate im guessing its almost the same, i see 10 holes 5 nos and 5 fuel with the nos having an angle drilled like the nozzles if you get what im saying
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

in the theard on total timing the second post says 6 or 7 to be safe thats what i was baseing it on
What thread? link please.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
What thread? link please.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17037289#post17037289
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

yes your a great help!!! i really apperciate it.. i have a few fogger nozzles and i seen what you ment and having never seen a plate im guessing its almost the same, i see 10 holes 5 nos and 5 fuel with the nos having an angle drilled like the nozzles if you get what im saying
I think if you made your plate with two 90 degree discharge wet nozzles, it would work great.

Yeah on the plate the nitrous hits on the fuel at an angle so that it breaks up the fuel.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17037289#post17037289
Soundegineer did state that but you always start with the colder plug and then you will see if you need the hotter plug. Some cars do fine with the br7ef some need it hotter. Never just start off with the hotter one
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Making the plate IF your a really good machinest wouldnt be that hard. It just depends if you want to make a single point for your fuel and nitrous or a multi-point. Single point is the easiest, one fuel piont & one nitrous piont. Now u want your two stream to impact almost dead center of the throttle opening. This causes the fuel and nitrous to atomize. If it were me designing it Id put the nitrous and fuel 180 degrees out from one another. The fun part is figuring out how fast your air is moving at the plate and compensate for that, or you might blow up an engine... And for those of you that would like to question what I know, Im a Mechanical Engineering student and I also build REAL race cars for Formula SAE at Texas Tech University, and I design and build the intake and exhaust manifolds. And I also build a lot of my own parts for my camaro that Im building. I give this man two thumbs up, he isnt just buying parts. He wants to build his own, and has the equipment to build it and test it so that he can perfect it for his perticular setup.

Quick Reply: nitrous plate