Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

victor jr intake nitrous setup help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default victor jr intake nitrous setup help

im in the process of doing the victor jr intake,elbow and everything and wondering how to set up the nitrous kit,some people are saying I will have to run a stand alone? but I would think I can set it up just like I would the normal intake and use my stock computer,it will be a wet kit just for anyone who was wondering. Thanks guys any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How big of a shot? what kind of kit?Single Nozzle? Plate? Spray bar? whats your fuel system consist of right now?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
How big of a shot? what kind of kit?Single Nozzle? Plate? Spray bar? whats your fuel system consist of right now?
ehh its kind of a grudge car but up to a 350 shot,thats what im wondering if I can do a plate,or a single nozzle with my stock computer some people tell me I need a stand alone but not sure if that is correct
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 AM
FormerVendor

I think the best option for you would be our spray bar setup. We can take the spray bar and place it down the center of the intake and angle the discharge down each runner which will give you a more even distribution.As far as the stand alone I think you're meaning a stand alone computer and you should be fine. On the fuel side, a stand alone fuel system would be needed if the fuel system in the car cant keep up.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock PCM will be fine? How high do you plan to rev it and how much hp na? You will need a stand alone fuel system or a complete aftermarket fuel system. The stand alone is easy and cheaper. I prefer a direct port for that size shot for cylinder to cylinder tuning but a spray bar would look a lot more plain Jane for grudge racing.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dynospeed
The stock PCM will be fine? How high do you plan to rev it and how much hp na? You will need a stand alone fuel system or a complete aftermarket fuel system. The stand alone is easy and cheaper. I prefer a direct port for that size shot for cylinder to cylinder tuning but a spray bar would look a lot more plain Jane for grudge racing.
I don't plan on turning it that high maybe 6800 or 7000 rpm I was going to go with a complete different fuel system,but if I can run a stand alone and get away with not having to redo my whole fuel system than I may do that,what type of stand alone do you recommend? prob around 450-500 hp na
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

I think you could benefit from this one! http://nitrousoutlet.com/index.php/d...el-system.html
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

I have the same setup basically. Under 8k rpms and stock computer will be fine. 350 plus shot get a dedicated fuel cell like Brandon shared. Also spend the money on porting the intake, the factory casting are rough and a good port job makes a big difference.

Quick Reply: victor jr intake nitrous setup help