Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on basic stock setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nitrous on basic stock setup?

So yeah I've got the juice bug and I was going to take the long route. You know get headers, nitrous cam, low temp. spark plugs and Trickflow heads first before any nitrous. But I'm wondering what would happen if I took the other path? I have a CAI on the way, catback, and other basic mods. So the basic question is how will a basically stock LT1 handle nitrous oxide?
Old 04-24-2004, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
So yeah I've got the juice bug and I was going to take the long route. You know get headers, nitrous cam, low temp. spark plugs and Trickflow heads first before any nitrous. But I'm wondering what would happen if I took the other path? I have a CAI on the way, catback, and other basic mods. So the basic question is how will a basically stock LT1 handle nitrous oxide?
LT1 or LS1?

Either way there is no cheaper way to make your car faster. You could easily run a 100-125 shot on either motor and be safe with the right gear (window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, etc.).

I would do the nitrous first and then add the other stuff as you get the cash - assuming you dont blow it all on filling the bottle .
Old 04-29-2004, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

yea as long as you do it safely it wont hurt any thing but the tires
Old 04-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Draco
LT1 or LS1?

Either way there is no cheaper way to make your car faster. You could easily run a 100-125 shot on either motor and be safe with the right gear (window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, etc.).

I would do the nitrous first and then add the other stuff as you get the cash - assuming you dont blow it all on filling the bottle .
My engine is an LT1.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LT1's love nitrous, and make nice torque from what I've seen.