LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/)
-   -   First outing in 3800lb. 6 speed 408=6.50@107 (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/1656935-first-outing-3800lb-6-speed-408-6-50-107-a.html)

stroked383HSR 06-26-2013 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by andys02r1 (Post 17502905)
Yeah the blue car won it

good deal! ya beat a well known Terminator

congrat!

Sales@Tick 06-26-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by alans02z (Post 17501097)
Nope, just a little old 6 speed car. And the cars trap about the same on nitrous and motor. It was a 6 speed shoot out.

If they trap about the same why was the white car making up a lot of ground on the top end? I don't know how Andy's car goes from weighing 3400 without him in it(which is what he told me Saturday) to weighing 3650? I don't think Andy weighs 250 lbs.?

You also realize that the motor pass was on nitrous timing? It had 20 degrees in it. While it's not going to pick up enormous amounts of E.T. or MPH by going up 7-8 degrees, it will make a difference of about 30-40rwhp.

Why are you making this into a contest? This thread isn't about Andy's car or the race between the two cars. The same could be said about this car and this being it's first time ever to the track and that it wasn't "on par" I believe are the words that you used. No one is denying that Andy beat us, he drilled the ever living crap out of Jonathan on the tree and he had his car dialed in for the heat.

red fury 06-26-2013 07:49 AM

Nice runs, car looks and sounds good too

TWINSCREW 06-26-2013 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=Martin@Tick;17501891]When ever you want your doors blown off in your 9.0 second 1/8th mile truck let us know. We got a whole shop full of cars and trucks that will give you the back tire for life and still clear you off with gap between our back bumper and your front bumper.

Sorry dude, dont have the truck anymore, I sold it. But if it makes you sleep better at night to know your shop has trucks and cars that can outrun my old truck thats cool, I could care less. Have a Nice day though, Might wanna hit the gym some instead of bench racing all the time. Do you some good.

fly boy_1 06-26-2013 08:51 AM

Why ET streets and not ET drags? I'd love to see a write up from you Martin on 6 speed launching/suspension theory.

andys02r1 06-26-2013 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR (Post 17502981)
good deal! ya beat a well known Terminator

congrat!

Thanks man. That terminator was a bad ride really surprised me how good it ran, most I've seen don't run even close to that good. Good thing he went red in the finals lol

andys02r1 06-26-2013 10:05 AM

Martin my car does weigh 3650

alans02z 06-26-2013 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick (Post 17503154)
If they trap about the same why was the white car making up a lot of ground on the top end? I don't know how Andy's car goes from weighing 3400 without him in it(which is what he told me Saturday) to weighing 3650? I don't think Andy weighs 250 lbs.?

You also realize that the motor pass was on nitrous timing? It had 20 degrees in it. While it's not going to pick up enormous amounts of E.T. or MPH by going up 7-8 degrees, it will make a difference of about 30-40rwhp.

Why are you making this into a contest? This thread isn't about Andy's car or the race between the two cars. The same could be said about this car and this being it's first time ever to the track and that it wasn't "on par" I believe are the words that you used. No one is denying that Andy beat us, he drilled the ever living crap out of Jonathan on the tree and he had his car dialed in for the heat.

Andy has posted-3650 is the raceweight.

Contest? of course it is! It was the manual shootout. Besides that, it is all in fun man. Everyone there had a good time and the group of guys that ran the class were a great bunch of guys. That boys car is a beautiful car and it runs fairly well. And I'm going to leave it at that. You posted the vid, figured Id let everyone know what was in the vid. I'm at the track for every pass Andy makes, been to every tune and dyno, and spent countless hours in my shop going over everything and working on it. It's like a piece of my family and I'm very proud of what has been accomplished with honestly very little so if a video is posted I will comment on it, no matter who gets pissed off.

Ok, on to the trap and et. One month ago on an fairly unprepped track, the blue car went a 1.39 60 to a 6.45 at 107ish. I don't have the slip, but I know the 60 and et, temp was within a couple degrees and the da was within as couple hundred ft. The same exact setup was ran Saturday on a fairly good track and I think the first full pass he made his 60 was 1.80ish, and our best after softening the back and pulling the limiters off the front went to around 1.60 and we quit screwing with it, didn't want to go backwards during eliminations. Why the car was unhappy at Piedmont, I don't know but we only get to run tracks that charge 7 bucks to get in and race and they don't give a shit what goes down the track. If you had told me the same set up wouldn't work at all, I wouldn't have believed it. Hell, his car was going 50s at Rockingham at the last shootout on an 8 inch Hoosier. The car was far from dialed in. And on motor (Remember this is still same weight and only 390 rwhp) it goes low 20s at 96. So, yeah very similar. The actual tune does not change unless it goes to Garner and RPM changes it.

Don't let it get to you man, your the "Guru" around here these days. You better get used to people gunning for you and the Tick shop. And no more than I said you got way to worked up for a guy that's on the top. No offense was meant to Tick or to the owner of the car especially, it is a beautiful car and he seems like a good dude. We do this stuff for fun, and that's all.

So to keep your thread from getting all jumbled up with talk, If there is more you would like to talk about pm me but otherwise I'm done.

Sales@Tick 06-26-2013 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by fly boy_1 (Post 17503319)
Why ET streets and not ET drags? I'd love to see a write up from you Martin on 6 speed launching/suspension theory.

It's a street car. Needs to be able to drive home on the tires it came in on legally.

Originally Posted by andys02r1 (Post 17503485)
Martin my car does weigh 3650

Your sig says 3600? I remember you saying 3400 at the track? Just wondering.

Originally Posted by alans02z (Post 17503528)
Andy has posted-3650 is the raceweight.

Contest? of course it is! It was the manual shootout. Besides that, it is all in fun man. Everyone there had a good time and the group of guys that ran the class were a great bunch of guys. That boys car is a beautiful car and it runs fairly well. And I'm going to leave it at that. You posted the vid, figured Id let everyone know what was in the vid. I'm at the track for every pass Andy makes, been to every tune and dyno, and spent countless hours in my shop going over everything and working on it. It's like a piece of my family and I'm very proud of what has been accomplished with honestly very little so if a video is posted I will comment on it, no matter who gets pissed off.

Ok, on to the trap and et. One month ago on an fairly unprepped track, the blue car went a 1.39 60 to a 6.45 at 107ish. I don't have the slip, but I know the 60 and et, temp was within a couple degrees and the da was within as couple hundred ft. The same exact setup was ran Saturday on a fairly good track and I think the first full pass he made his 60 was 1.80ish, and our best after softening the back and pulling the limiters off the front went to around 1.60 and we quit screwing with it, didn't want to go backwards during eliminations. Why the car was unhappy at Piedmont, I don't know but we only get to run tracks that charge 7 bucks to get in and race and they don't give a shit what goes down the track. If you had told me the same set up wouldn't work at all, I wouldn't have believed it. Hell, his car was going 50s at Rockingham at the last shootout on an 8 inch Hoosier. The car was far from dialed in. And on motor (Remember this is still same weight and only 390 rwhp) it goes low 20s at 96. So, yeah very similar. The actual tune does not change unless it goes to Garner and RPM changes it.

Don't let it get to you man, your the "Guru" around here these days. You better get used to people gunning for you and the Tick shop. And no more than I said you got way to worked up for a guy that's on the top. No offense was meant to Tick or to the owner of the car especially, it is a beautiful car and he seems like a good dude. We do this stuff for fun, and that's all.

So to keep your thread from getting all jumbled up with talk, If there is more you would like to talk about pm me but otherwise I'm done.

This thread was not about the Manual Shootout. You're comparing a car that has had years to be perfected to a car that's never been to the track un-tested before?

I just don't understand why some people can't just keep things to themselves.

los p 06-26-2013 06:52 PM

just curious on what the engine details on the white car bc im building a 408 currently and my car is full weight minus ac and just trying to get some type of ball bark idea of what it might run

k_cash1432 06-26-2013 11:28 PM

?

I just don't understand why some people can't just keep things to themselves.[/QUOTE]

Everybody is a keyboard warrior/Guru on everything on the internet, Your making a great start to your career in the LSX world, Just gotta turn the other cheak some times. Keep up the good work! BTW gonna be needing a couple cams for new customers this summer! :burn:

00SS4780 06-27-2013 08:16 PM

So the white car has never been on the track before???

Sales@Tick 06-27-2013 09:05 PM

It has on 17" radials on motor a handful of times. We put coilovers on the car, adj. Shocks front and rear, changed the lower control arm angle, re built the trans, new shifter, put our adjustable master in it 15" wheels, slicks etc. etc.

Hell we didn't even know if the clutch would fully disengage with the initial setting of the master cylinder let alone where to set the shocks, where to launch at, what tire pressure and all kinds of tune up related issues with the nitrous.

Simply put the car has never been run in any way shape or form like it was Saturday. This is a true street car.

Sales@Tick 06-27-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by los p (Post 17504700)
just curious on what the details on the white car bc im building a 408 currently and my car is full weight minus ac and just trying to get some type of ball bark idea of what it might run

Iron block 6.0, 11:1 CR, AFR 225s, fast 90, V.1 Polluter cam. Pretty simple. Works well IMO.

Sales@Tick 06-27-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by k_cash1432 (Post 17505326)
?

I just don't understand why some people can't just keep things to themselves.

Everybody is a keyboard warrior/Guru on everything on the internet, Your making a great start to your career in the LSX world, Just gotta turn the other cheak some times. Keep up the good work! BTW gonna be needing a couple cams for new customers this summer! :burn:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kenny.

Storm Trooper 06-27-2013 09:26 PM

Good runs man, that car moves!

Blackbird-WS6 06-27-2013 09:29 PM

what coilovers did you guys install? all around?

Sales@Tick 06-28-2013 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 (Post 17507590)
what coilovers did you guys install? all around?

QA1 single adjustable front shocks with coilovers, comp engineering 3 way adjustable for the rear. Nothing fancy by any means.

jman54002 06-28-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick (Post 17508789)
QA1 single adjustable front shocks with coilovers, comp engineering 3 way adjustable for the rear. Nothing fancy by any means.

How does the car handle with those shocks on it..."on the street"

Sales@Tick 06-28-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by jman54002 (Post 17508918)
How does the car handle with those shocks on it..."on the street"

I have not driven the car on the street to be able to give you an honest answer to your question unfortunately.

When I would drive my car on the street with my double adjustable Afco's, I would tighten up the rebound and loosen the compression on the front shocks and just loosen the compression on the rear shocks to help them soak up bumps and holes in the road.