Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT techs...I neeed help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TNT techs...I neeed help!!!

hello, i went off to my local dyno the other day after installing my tnt f1 kit to see my gains..or so i thought. i pulled 287hp,300torque all motor (yea shitty i know . I turned on the N20 and made a few pulls, best run was 358.43hp,407torque. thats only a 71 hp gain from the 100 shot jets. I think i know the problem but im not sure.. the tnt kit comes with the machined nozzles that goes into the p.ring. my dumbass friend BROKE the fitting off on the thing so i thought i was f'd. i called tnt the WHOLE week and could not get ahold of anyone, i emailed them 4 times still no response. i went down to my local speed shop here and talked to the guy. all he had was Barry grant Nitrous works "y" nozzles. They were not identical nor had the same "spray" pattern as my tnt. I not wanting to mix the parts up was reluctant but he explained to me that the nozzle itself didnt really matter that it was not the design of the nozzle that mattered becasuse your only restricion was the jets so the motor should not know the difference. They both stuck out in the TB the same amount and said it should "suck" the n20/fuel the same from both. i stuck with the tnt recommended jet size and my air/fuel was a hair rich from the dyno but to most considered normal. my dyno man said i couldnt tune it any better as far as air/fuel goes. said it was perfect for the juice. i was pissed at my results..could this be my problem? dont get me wrong i am not knocking the tnt kits they are awesome and my results are for sure somthing i f'd up. My car also has a slight stumble when i first hit the juice,i had someone watch my fp guage while i was on the dyno never got below 55. i think my fp switch could need adjustment or a spot in the trash can. When it dries outside i am going to bypass the fp switch and see if that is my problem,if not i guess ill order a new nozzle. any thoughts.......
sorry this is so damn long
thanks matt
Old 05-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im basically doing your spraying numbers with headers and a lid... there's something wrong with the car...
Old 05-01-2004, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
im basically doing your spraying numbers with headers and a lid... there's something wrong with the car...
you have 407rwtq?

also, im pretty sure the TNT nozzles are different than other company's nozzles.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Banned

Your problem is the nozzles. Its exact opposite of what your friend says. the nozzles are EXACTLY why TNT kit's make great power. Running anything else with TNT jets is a horrible idea.

Wait till you get the TNT nozzles back in the car with the right TNT 100 jets and make another pull (make sure your bottle pressure is 1100) and the car should put down 100 rwhp.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks i appreciate the responses. It was not my friend who advised me to do this it was the local speed shop guy so maybee he was just trying to get my money.. and yes i did make that much torque, i would post the dyno graph but i have no scanner. i have no reason to lie,as you can tell by my enmbarassing hp numbers. like someone said they're are plenty of people out their with minor bolt ons making what mines making on the spray.. i will try and contact tnt. thanks
matt