Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racetronix limits with Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Its not what you say, but how you come at it... I remember your sorry a**.gave me a warning for asking a nitrous question. And dont worry, we will carry on.
Showing your true colors. Goodluck sir!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with Cameron in that the safe limit is higher than 550 rwhp on a nitrous setup. Depending on your tuneup the nitrous jet isn't concrete as far as how much you can pull off the rail. Our car makes around 390 rwhp on motor and .078N (200) , .042 F pulling off the rail was no problem at all. .088N / .044F had a very small lean spike at the hit and then it leveled out and no issues. .093N / .048F and the lean spike was slightly more , but, after that was fine. So our car makes from high 500's to prob 700 ish rwhp pulling off the rail with no issues. Racetronix pump and hotwire kit. I think as long as you have a pump in good working order, hot wire kit, fresh fuel filter , 600 rwhp is definitely a safe range. Like Cam said the fuel jet you are pulling off the rail is what determines how much more than the nitrous jet. He ran a leaner tuneup than we are running , which pull less fuel on a particular nitrous jet. We plan on leaning on ours a little harder in the future. I have installed a stand alone because we plan on a head swap and different cam that should make a good bit more power than we are currently making. Another thing to consider is the injector duty cycle usually decreases when the nitrous activates which means the motor is requiring less fuel from them. Our stock injectors drop from 104% to about 80-85% when the nitrous is flowing.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:36 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, my ears are open (eyes open, however you want to take that), rest assured.

I'm at 77% IDC as it is now at WOT. You guys make good points about the stand-alone being a bit of insurance. My stock bottom has 152k on her. I'm guessing I'd **** a ringland before anything else though
Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to stop pulling off the rail at 460rwhp and a 88 jet. I went 9.47 at 142 on a .82 jet and 460rwhp. Rob's nitrous calc says 250 rwhp. So let's say I was making right around 710 to the wheels on racetronix 255 with hotwire kit. I have been running the same pump for 3 years and a bunch of nitrous passes.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

I appreciate the knowledge that you experienced guys are willing to share .When you have been there and done that, you have a better grasp of what you can and can't get away with. Ya'lls advice on the tune-up info is very valuable to us that are on the quest of where you have been. Thanks.

With that being said, I just got my dedicated fuel cell setup , new solenoids, assorted jet pack, FPSS and other assorted fittings in from "Nitrous Outlet" yesterday. Gonna start installing it all this morning. Whether it was really needed at this point or not, its insurance that at least makes me feel better. Plus, I now have room to grow if I ever upgrade beyond my intended 150-200 hp shot level.

I appreciate any advice from you guys once I get it all installed and going. Next investment will probably be some 3:73s so I'm not killin it on the big end trying to get through the traps.

Has any of you guys tried locking up a triple disc converter in 3rd gear when you are spraying? Looking for a little input there if anyone has experience doing it. I know its probably more common with the FI guys.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Made 610rwhp on a 150 shot about 8months ago using this pump without the HotWire Kit. Will be installing the kit once I get back.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

I was wondering about all this as well since i will be doing the whole nitrous thing shortly. I was curious and started asking a couple companies and some local nitrous ls folks. From the companies they said a 200 shot would work but they would recommend a stand alone system. From talking to the local ls guys all i got was make sure your tune is spot on and go until the pump cant handle it lol so needless to say im curious to see what is said.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can someone explain what a stand alone system is. I'm thinking about spraying next year and will need a fuel pump since I'm still on the stock one. Why wouldn't you just run dual in-tank pumps?

I have 460 rwhp now and am looking to go 100-150 shot but want to do it right the first time.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

That's where I'm at. I made 464 rwhp and spraying a 100 shot with a single racetronix with hotwire kit and I'm losing pressure. I'm looking at the stand alone so I can run C16 in the standalone to enrich my fuel and I could pull less timing. Also I've heard its much safer since you're dedicating an entire fuel system to the nitrous.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Stand alone OR Dedicated Fuel system is a seperate small 1 gal. fuel cell, fuel pump, & fuel pressure regulator that goes in place of your battery after you move the battery to the trunk. This system is used to provide enrichment fuel for your nitrous system while you are spraying & on the bottle. This system is sometimes used to prevent fuel pressure/fuel volume drop from your factory fuel rails. The advantage of this system is that you can run high ocatane fuel in this fuel cell without having to mix it in your tank which gets very expensive. With all that said, You can run 100-150 shot pulling Fuel from your fuel rails safely with an upgraded fuel pump like the Racetronix Walbro 255 fuel pump with hotwire kit. You will still need a Timing computer, window switch & Fuel pressure safety switch.

Racetronix single Walbro 255 lph fuel pump with hotwire kit is good for around 600 rwhp. You dont need dual fuel pumps at this H.P.

You guys need to Call Lonnie @ Lonnies Performance. He is a sponser on this site. He has Racetronix & makes custom dual fuel pump systems for 850 rwhp nitrous cars.
Lonnie is very knowledgable on fuel systems & he has done alot of fuel system testing with single & dual fuel pumps.

Last edited by NOS LS1; 10-10-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Racetronix limits with Nitrous