Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mistakes you made

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mistakes you made

Never used nitrous before, just received a plate system from Nitrous Outlet and starting to install it. What mistakes or lessons learned while starting out? What would you have done different? Basically have a lc1, lnc 2000 and a NOS mini to install and not in a big hurry to install.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't say that I really made any mistakes that I really regreted to much, I went the extra mile with a good custom tune, and all the proper accessories and whatnot, so I could enjoy it reliably and safety. The wiring was really the hardest part to me though
Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

wiring was the hardest part for me. One change I made that I wish I would of done in the beginning was wire in the WOT position wire into my PCM instead of using the micro switch on the TB.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not going turbo sooner lmao!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice is to learn how nitrous really works. Learn how to read plugs, and buy quality parts.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mistake= Not labeling what wire went to what.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

label whires and pay attention to where you run them. Keep them away from power,heat and sharp metal. GEt a good tuner to show you how to tune the car and learn how to read plugs. if a tuner tells you that reading plugs is not needed get a better tuner.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
label whires and pay attention to where you run them. Keep them away from power,heat and sharp metal. GEt a good tuner to show you how to tune the car and learn how to read plugs. if a tuner tells you that reading plugs is not needed get a better tuner.
This, let us know if you need some help reading plugs! A tune is important also, for anything 100 shot or over. Cooler plugs, adequate timing pulled, 93 octane as a minimum, and you are ready to rock and roll!

-Garrett
Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mistakes: Not listening to the big guys here such as Shiz and ATV. They beat me up about on here awhile back when i showed the pics of the,motor and the aftermath.

Some of the other guys in here to listen to: carter01, firehawk441, camscam, shortdog, minytryker, and there are a few more here that i can't remember, but you will know when theypost up. There is no reason to burn a motor down with all the guys on here that can help you
Old 11-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by danger ds
wiring was the hardest part for me. One change I made that I wish I would of done in the beginning was wire in the WOT position wire into my PCM instead of using the micro switch on the TB.
Thanks I'll read up on it.

Originally Posted by BAKED
Not going turbo sooner lmao!
Lol I'm finishing up a turbo project now. Wiring clutch and a few sensors install and its done.

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Wiring isn't to hard for me....only if I understand it. I do have HP tuners on my list. Guy that has tuned my car , I have no worries. I'm sure he will help if I have problems but he can't babysit me

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
This, let us know if you need some help reading plugs! A tune is important also, for anything 100 shot or over. Cooler plugs, adequate timing pulled, 93 octane as a minimum, and you are ready to rock and roll!

-Garrett
93 always

Quick Reply: Mistakes you made