Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nos kit for a lt1 and ls1

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos kit for a lt1 and ls1

my boy has a 95 trans am with a lt1 dry nos kit and i have a 2000 trans am ls1 and he wants to sell me his kit for $200 dollars never used know my question is would it work on my car if not what would i have to change to make it work...
thanks for the help
Old 03-06-2003, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: nos kit for a lt1 and ls1

it would not fit. since the engine is different, the lines are probably bent differently. maybe if u get new lines to run under that hood it will fit. Just my $.02.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

it would not fit. since the engine is different, the lines are probably bent differently. maybe if u get new lines to run under that hood it will fit. Just my $.02.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will work, the only thing needed for a Dry N20 kit on a LS1 is:

Bottle, main feed line, noid, (second noid in series, reccomended) line, and then a nozzle.

a switch is needed to activate the system, i reccomend a WOT switch, but some use a button instead, (i dont reccomend that)

you will need a arming switch, any simple switch will do.

And you will need a standard automotive relay.

If your want to spray a larger than 65hp shot, its reccomended to get 2 nozzles, and a Y adapter. (this is how the 5177 NOS kit for the LS1's works)

I am not too familar with the dry setup from the LT1, but i do know for sure it has the basics that are needed. Im fairly sure it has a fuel pressure vacuum controled device, but that is not needed on a LS1 kit, you just simply spray before the MAF, and it will pick up the extra airflow, and the computer should compensate for the rest. (this is how the 5177 LS1 NOS kit works)

Ryan.