Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Nitrous Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Nitrous Build

So I'm planning on putting together a nice N2O system for my 06 GTO. Running stock internals with K&N intake, Kooks LTs, and a full Magnaflow system. I have Lew doing a tune for me as well. Im currently deployed overseas, but plan on having a nice garage full of parts waiting for my return.

Heres the parts I've gotten so far...

-NX 90mm Plate kit. (Got a deal off a friend who had this stuff and never used it)
-NOS RPM/TPS switch
-NX purge kit
-NX remote bottle opener

Heres the "need to get" portion of the setup

-Plugs
-N2O Filter
-FPSS
-Bottle Heater
-Solenoid mounts
-Nitrous Outlets trunk mounting plate

Trying to go for a nice clean setup. Not trying to hide anything, but I want it to look nice and orderly under the hood. Still trying to decide on which solenoid mounts I should look into. Anyone got pics or ideas of mounting spots?
Im trying to run a 100 to start out, and eventually plan on running the 150. Gonna have Lew kick back my timing by about 8-10*. I know the rule of thumb is 2 per 50, but im trying to give myself a little extra safety, I can always put the timing back in after a few passes down the track and reading the plugs. Anything I'm leaving out? Or any help or hints from the experienced guys? Ive done a TON of reasearch, but I love learning so any input or advice is awesome. Thanks guys
Old 03-29-2014, 05:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I would ditch the FPSS and run a wideband with a controller that has a lean shut down switch built into it.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:57 AM

Never thought of that. Actually didnt know they existed. Do you have any part numbers?
Old 03-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Why ditch the fpss. Keep it in the build. Adds another safety feature.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I got a nos heater and dual solenoid bracket that bolts to passenger head. If interested pm me.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bmeyer40
Why ditch the fpss. Keep it in the build. Adds another safety feature.
What he was talking about does the same thing the fpss does.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:56 PM

I get it. And it sounds like a nifty piece of equipment. I just never seen one before. I still dont know whats wrong with the 2 FPSS tho. I understand its more things to go wrong, but in the event of a FPSS failing, there is no harm done. Just no spray when you want it. I have a schematic that someone else drew up. seems solid, just wondering what the downside is.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Crash2260
Never thought of that. Actually didnt know they existed. Do you have any part numbers?
This is our controller. It has a built in window switch, tps function, dual stage setup, it handles more amp draw than most of the other controllers. It also has AFR correction via wideband.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

-Garrett
Old 04-01-2014, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

You should run dual redundant nitrous and fuel solenoids also.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

View CartHolleyTVYouTubeTwitterFacebook
What item is right for you?
Ask our experts:
1-866-464-6553

BRANDS
PRODUCTS
APPLICATION
SHOP
NEWS & MEDIA
TECHNICAL
COMMUNITY
SEARCH

Launcher Nitrous Controller Part #15977NOS

AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
Price: $428.95
Buy Now
Download Hi-Res Image
Dealer Locator
MEDIA INFORMATION

Nitrous Controllers
Launcher Nitrous Controller
PART #: 15977NOS

Any racer will tell you it's easy to make horsepower…getting it to ground is the hard part. Since making runs on the knife–edge of traction is essential to get the win light, serious nitrous racers utilize methods to soften the “hit” when they squeeze the juice. If it's too violent, the run goes up in tire smoke; too soft and E.T. is left on the table. Until now, taming a nitrous system involved a dizzying array of dials, switches and relays. Those days are gone!

Nitrous Oxide Systems is proud to present the Launcher. It combines all the functions a nitrous racer could ever want into a single, easy–to–use controller. This handy device can be programmed to independently control up to 4 stages of nitrous from a laptop computer or via an available full color 3.5” LCD touch–screen. Easy to use graphical software makes the Launcher a breeze to program. The launcher is available in 3 basic configurations. It is available as the launcher controller only; the Launcher controller with 3.5” color LCD touch–screen (Includes stylus and mini SD card for data–logging); or the Launcher controller with the handheld tuner for data–logging and quick changes in the staging lanes.

Nitrous control has just been taken to the next level!

Installation Notes
Fully Programmable via laptop;Compatible with Windows 2000, ME, XP, and Vista; NEW innovative NOSbus 2-wire network interface for seamless integration with other Holley/NOS supported products.;Easy to use graphical software;Free software and firmware updates updatable by the user, downloadable off i-net.;Available with a Handheld controller with SD card slot and USB interface for quick changes in the staging lanes and data-logging without laptop in the vehicle.;Available with a 3.5” color, touch screen LCD for the ultimate in programming and looks. (No laptop Required);3.5” Color, touch screen LCD also features a SD card slot for saving configuration files and data-logging as well as a USB interface.;Full data-logging capability for easy reviewing of past runs through laptop, handheld controller (SD card) or LCD touch screen (SD card).;Ability to save configuration files for easy set-up at different tracks or for weather conditions.;Handheld controller or LCD touch screen allows change

Features

Fully Programmable via laptop
Compatible with Windows 2000, ME, XP, and Vista
NEW innovative NOSbus 2-wire network interface for seamless integration with other Holley/NOS supported products.
Easy to use graphical software
Free software and firmware updates updatable by the user, downloadable off i-net.
Available with a Handheld controller with SD card slot and USB interface for quick changes in the staging lanes and data-logging without laptop in the vehicle.
Available with a 3.5” color, touch screen LCD for the ultimate in programming and looks. (No laptop Required)
3.5” Color, touch screen LCD also features a SD card slot for saving configuration files and data-logging as well as a USB interface.
Full data-logging capability for easy reviewing of past runs through laptop, handheld controller (SD card) or LCD touch screen (SD card).
Ability to save configuration files for easy set-up at different tracks or for weather conditions.
Handheld controller or LCD touch screen allows changes in the staging lanes without laptop.
Fully programmable 2 stages of nitrous control and with the optional slave controller you can add two more stages for a total of 4 fully programmable stages of nitrous control.
Can be programmed to add or take away nitrous at any point to compensate for track or weather conditions.
Integrated TPS for use on fuel injected or drive by wire vehicles without the need of a separate WOT switch.
Two programmable activation inputs.
Activation of nitrous can be provided from a power input, ground input, or a Falling or Rising TPS signal.
Features an internal MAP sensor for nitrous ramps based on boost PSI.
Solenoid control channels with a load capacity of 40 amps for use with large solenoids.
1st gear lockout to prevent the nitrous from being triggered until the RPM cutoff has been hit the first time.
Two 1 amp general purpose outputs for timing retards, purge, or any activation switch (two additional on the optional slave controller).
Use WBO2 controller p/n 15979NOS for rich or lean nitrous cut off. Requires Holley WBO2 sensors p/n 534-198 Bosch or p/n 534-194 NTK (NTK requires a 534-199 extension harness).
Customer has the option to enable lean and/or rich nitrous cutoff with a programmable delay time up to 1 second. Richest/Leanest AFR data is also logged along with the nitrous data for advanced analysis.
Pause Enable Option - when retriggered, (pedaling event) the ramp will continue where it left off (rather than starting over from scratch).
Nitrous pressure sensor input for data-logging.

PROGRESSIVE RAMP FEATURES

RPM based - Programmable Trigger and End RPM points. Adjustable from 0-20,000 RPM
Time Based - Programmable RPM trigger set point, Programmable Delay time and Ramp time, Adjustable from 0-10 seconds
MAP (boost) based - Programmable RPM trigger set point, Programmable MAP trigger and MAP End points, Adjustable from -14.7 to 85 PSI
Nitrous percentage - Programmable start and final percentages, Adjustable from 0 to 100%
Safety features include - Rich or lean cutoff based off of A/F ratios, Nitrous pressure when using a nitrous pressure sensor, MAP (boost) pressure cutoff, RPM cutoff

Technical Information
Instructions for Part# 15977NOS
Software For Launcher Controller
Instructions for Installing Firmware
Latest Firmware For Launcher Controller

Shipping Dimensions
L 8.000 in. x W 5.250 in. x H 3.250 in.
Weight 1.700 lb.
BottomCurve

Holley Performance Products Weiand Performance Products Hooker Performance Products NOS Performance Products Earl's Performance Products Flowtech Performance Products
BottomStroke
Watch HolleyTV Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Check Out Our YouTube Channel
Holley | Hooker Headers | Earl's | Weiand | NOS | Flowtech
Copyright Holley Performance Products, Inc.
NASCAR© and NASCAR Performance© are registered trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc.
Web Index | Terms Of Use | Vendor | Corporate | Search

Quick Reply: My Nitrous Build