Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Contoller

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer
How much did you guys pay for the new NX maximizer?

All the prices I find on the net are for the old maximizer, which was not controlled by a Palm.
I paid around $600 or so - that seems to be the norm. I got mine from a local shop (if you're in So California, pm me), but I believe Nitro Dave has it if you're just going to order it off the net.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey guys, got a question.

Is this controller what I want?

I want to install a FAST 90mm intake/90mm TB. I want to set up a DP shot, say a 300 shot. I will ONLY be using it from a roll, say 50 mph. I want to be able to set the controller to only spray a progressive shot from say 0%-40% for one race, then maybe 0%-80% the next race, and so on. This way I don't need to spray a 300 every time I race. This Palm thing seems like it can be changed quickly.

Is this what I need to get for my purpose?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Quickin
Hey guys, got a question.

Is this controller what I want?

I want to install a FAST 90mm intake/90mm TB. I want to set up a DP shot, say a 300 shot. I will ONLY be using it from a roll, say 50 mph. I want to be able to set the controller to only spray a progressive shot from say 0%-40% for one race, then maybe 0%-80% the next race, and so on. This way I don't need to spray a 300 every time I race. This Palm thing seems like it can be changed quickly.

Is this what I need to get for my purpose?
Well, I can't say I'd recommend trying to change settings/profile while cruising on the freeway. But with that said, the Maximizer can do what you described above. However, one of the great things about starting with a lower % shot and working your way to a higher % is that it will 1) help save your rear end, and 2) help with traction. If you are already starting out at higher speeds, that diminishes some of the benefits of the Maximizer.

Also, if you are never going to run at 100% of 300, why jet for a 300 shot? Maybe I'm not totally clear on what you want to do?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by timbalan77
If you are already starting out at higher speeds, that diminishes some of the benefits of the Maximizer.
I don't need to be able to change it while I'm moving, just quickly without having to open the hood and changing jets and such.

I'll be racing mainly from say 50 mph rolls. But I still think I need it to come on progressively because it'll be an instant 800+ RWHP if it hits all at once.

Also, if you are never going to run at 100% of 300, why jet for a 300 shot? Maybe I'm not totally clear on what you want to do?
I will be using the entire 300 at times, but for every day driving around if I need it I certainly don't want a 300 hit. I should have about 500 RWHP on motor, so an extra 50-100 shot coming on progressively should be one scary bitch, even for a Busa to handle.

In talking with "383LQ4SS" I think I'm just going to get, for now, a TNT F1 or F2 wet shot and use it until I can get the FAST intake and TB with the DP 300. I'll still need to progressively control the 150 shot though because I don't know if I'll keep traction even at 50. I can spin the tires at 60 on motor, but that was with GY F1 tires. On race days I'll be using Hoosiers or something like that.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Quickin
I don't need to be able to change it while I'm moving, just quickly without having to open the hood and changing jets and such.

I'll be racing mainly from say 50 mph rolls. But I still think I need it to come on progressively because it'll be an instant 800+ RWHP if it hits all at once.

I will be using the entire 300 at times, but for every day driving around if I need it I certainly don't want a 300 hit. I should have about 500 RWHP on motor, so an extra 50-100 shot coming on progressively should be one scary bitch, even for a Busa to handle.

In talking with "383LQ4SS" I think I'm just going to get, for now, a TNT F1 or F2 wet shot and use it until I can get the FAST intake and TB with the DP 300. I'll still need to progressively control the 150 shot though because I don't know if I'll keep traction even at 50. I can spin the tires at 60 on motor, but that was with GY F1 tires. On race days I'll be using Hoosiers or something like that.
Got it. In that case (and with that much HP), the Maximizer should work fine for what you want to do.
Also, I sent you a PM...