Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

life span?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default life span?

anyone have a clue on a life span of a ls1 engine on the juice? i was thinking a 75 or 100 shot? i dont know the difference between wet or dry or much about n2o all together. i am keeping my opstions open though. also im looking for a simple kit that can be removed easily for warranty issues. its a 2002 z 5000 miles on it. it might see the track 1 or 2 times a summer max.mostly street driving with a couple of weekend romps! thanks
Old 04-07-2003, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: life span?

The NOS 5177 kit is a basic and easy kit. It's a dry kit, and it works great. It comes with different jet sizes, 75, 85, and 100 jets.

As far as life expectancy, that really varies. It depends on how often you use it. Some people have gone more than a couple years on nitrous and had no problems. I myself have had my kit for about three months, and I go through a 15 pound bottle every couple weeks. I haven't had any problems thus far, and I don't expect any. I even take the jets out now and then and spray a 150 shot. Still, no problems. Used properly, nitrous is a very beautiful thing. If you have any more questions, there is an FAQ on ls1.com that will answer many of your questions. You could also check out nosnitrous.com. They have a long FAQ page also.

Hope this helped.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

What's the life expectancy of the solenoids? The NX ones look pretty beefy, but how well to they last if you 1) use them 24/7 or 2) use them once every two weeks?
Old 04-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Teching In

NX solenoids are very beefy and they have a life time warrenty. also NX will flow test them and clean then any time you want for free...(isn't that right mike)