Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What else do i need for a nitrous install??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else do i need for a nitrous install??

Currently my 2000 z28 is going through a head and cam swap, also a lil tranny work and rear end love too, iv picked up a nice zex kit about 6 months ago never used brand new. Has the car is going through it's stages of being worked on I buy has I need. I'm getting to the point to where my nitrous system is about ready to be installed.

What I bought was a zex ls perimeter plate system, black out kit, got it with a bottle heater and purge kit also, has of right now I have no window switch or progressive controller or anything like that. I din't go through the kit fully but I know it came with a throttle switch.

What I'm shooting for is a safe 200 shoot, I'd like to run 10:90 or faster, if I just need a 100-150 shot to get me there I'd be happy with that too but just in case iv set up the car to handle a 200 shoot if need.

I'm interested in the lnc-2000 because of what I've read up on it is when you arm your nitrous it will automatically take away the desired timing retard need to run what ever shot your planing on running so this means I can have a mean n/a tune with out losing a lil power just because I have nitrous at hand also at any time. If that's how the lnc works then what else do I need for it to complete my system? If not then what do I need. I'd like a progressive controller also if possible with the lnc also to extend my 10 bolt life.

Cars setup: stock bottom end, hand ported 243 heads, dual 6:50 valve springs, morels 5315 lifters, harden push rods, truion kit, arp head bolts, fast 92/92, tick v2 polluter cam, asp 25% under drive pulley, lt headers open with dumps, race Tronics pump with hard wire, 42 lb injectors, 4l60, 3600 stall, 3:73 gears, 10 bolt rear end.

Car is also pretty gutted, race star wheels, all ac removed, a lot of interior removed. Ext ext....
Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the LNC box works like that. It only pulls timing when the nitrous system is armed. The progressor will help with traction problems, and bringing it in softer will also help keep the 10 bolt alive, it won't shock the drivetrain as bad by progressing it. Your nitrous system should have come with a relay and everything you need to install the system.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

-Garrett
Old 09-03-2014, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

A 100 shot on top of that hci should easily get you a 10.9 in the quater.

I run the LNC-2000 as well, and really like it.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks guys, what's a good affordable progressive controller?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the Maximizer 4. It's fully programmable on 2 different stages. It's also got a built in TPS and RPM window switch, which ends up saving you about 250$ in external parts you would be buying. I can make you a pretty good deal on one if you are interested.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15957-...ontroller.html

-Garrett

Quick Reply: What else do i need for a nitrous install??